Thread: Rescue Bots US Vol 5 DVD

Default Rescue Bots US Vol 5 DVD

For those collecting the American Rescue Bots DVDs (because they were out quite a while before they were being released here, so there was no guarantee we'd get them here)... the fifth volume has now been revealed for a September 2nd release.

But the bad news, is that it does NOT have the final five episodes of Season One.
    It only has two of them, and then jumps to including episodes 6, 8 & 9 of Season Two.

It's not like these need to be themed... nor do these end up making sense as a related theme to the DVD title. If anything, it means the story order is now way out, with episode 18 of Season One now being held up, possibly, so that Shout Factory could probably release a Bumblebee Volume (because there is another episode at the end of Season Two with Bumblebee in it)
    The other thing that is now out of order, is the last two episodes of Season One, which introduces the Mobil HQ, that looks to play a part in Season Two.

I might have to start collecting the Australian ones now, just to be sure I get all the episodes, and, in the right order.

Just noting that this is now out (for a while now), as I got mine the other day from Amazon.

As I had expected, I was annoyed that it was skipping over so many episodes - 3 from Season One and 6 from Season Two.
    As such, they are using Energon "weapons" (the blue accessories from the second year toys), and there's no explanation as to how they suddenly got them. (if they even had an explanation... as they could just be a sudden ability).
    When they activate them out of their right arm, they do a stance like He-Man, and say some activation words.

The Mobile HQ from the last episode of Season One (which they skipped), isn't in any of these episodes either, so I wonder if it was a one-off advertisement in that episode and the first episode of Season Two (which they skipped).

Their HQ has a statue out the front of a gryphon/griffin, which may also have been something explained in the missing episodes.

The cover even has Bumblebee on the back cover, but his episodes were skipped... so maybe it was a late change, after the cover art was done with him on it.

It is obvious that the Second Season was to sell the Energize toys, but with a year delay in the Season, the Energize toys were already disappearing off shelves and the Dino-themed toys were already showing up in stores before the season ended on US TV.
    (it is funny that when Shout Factory used the Energize logo way back on Volume 2, it had was only being used to match the current toy packaging, not the content of the DVD)

The Australian DVDs of Rescue Bots looks to have none of the episodes skipped, but they are only up to episode 20 (four volumes of 5 episodes).

Shout Factory's episodes...
    Rescue Bots DVDs from Shout Factory

--Season One--
    01 - Vol 1
    02 - Vol 1
    03 - Vol 1
    04 - Vol 1
    05 - Vol 1
    06 - - Vol 2
    07 - Vol 1
    08 - - Vol 2
    09 - - Vol 2
    10 - - Vol 2
    11 - - Vol 2
    12 - - - Vol 3
    13 - - - Vol 3
    14 - - - Vol 3
    15 - - - Vol 3
    16 - - - Vol 3
    17 - - - - Vol 4
    18 missing
    19 - - - - Vol 4
    20 - - - - - Vol 5
    21 - - - - - Vol 5
    22 - - - - Vol 4
    23 - - - - Vol 4
    24 - - - - Vol 4
    25 missing
    26 missing

--Season Two--
    01 missing
    02 missing
    03 missing
    04 missing
    05 missing
    06 - - - - - Vol 5
    07 missing
    08 - - - - - Vol 5
    09 - - - - - Vol 5

I want to email Shout Factory to see if there is any reason for the odd order, and what their future plans are.
    The Australian ones are more expensive, and I don't want to be duplicating episodes just to get the ones Shout are missing... but it is more tempting having all the episodes in order. (so if the Australian company has plans to keep releasing Rescue Bots, I might be willing to get theirs instead and offload the Shout ones)

The next Aussie volume is due out either Dec or Jan (can't remember exactly)