Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TRU Chaos on Velocitron set now out

Photos and review of the Velocitron set... and it looks like the Titanmasters (except Rodimus) don't have names. An odd oversight by Hasbro, considering the amount of effort put into this set to appeal to dedicated fans - the ones who would want their toys to have names.

The names might pop up in online material/extended bios.

Looking at the box set in those pictures it looks more and more like a BotCon set for a 2017 Botcon that will never happen...

Meh...meh...meh...oh hey, new Fastlane, that could be cool if they do a 2-pack with the other guy someday...meh.

Pass.

Seriously, I'd love a decent Nautica toy, but this ain't it. Ditto for Quickswitch - it was actually seeing he was a straight-up recolour of Sixshot (with new hat head!) that made me pick up the FansProject equivalent recently.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    This is out in America now, at ToysRUs stores for US$100... so if it is coming here, it might be soon.
    Pity it will have aussie tax added on if it does come here, I would consider it at AU$130 (aka the exchange rate of USD to AUD) but not at the potential $200+ I see it being...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Pity it will have aussie tax added on if it does come here, I would consider it at AU$130 (aka the exchange rate of USD to AUD) but not at the potential $200+ I see it being...
    I actually thought that a price of $180 would be a very fair ask. I think it will still be listed at like $250 but I would definitely buy in store for $180.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Looking at the box set in those pictures it looks more and more like a BotCon set for a 2017 Botcon that will never happen...
    That was my first thought when looking at the inner tray, with the box art and the minor mould changes like new heads/faces, and the wings for Nautica. (except the new legends mould though)
    Even the flashy name of the set and the odd grouping of characters screams out "FunPub" BotCon.

Yep the tray photos is what put the thought in my head too, and rest became apparent from there.

I preordered it for just quickswitch , i don't know what im going to do with the rest.

Anyway i hope the preorder gets fulfilled.

Just got a shipping notice for this set from robotkingdom

Default Its now out of stock at robotkingdom

Its now out of stock at robotkingdom