• I was looking for local TF news.

24 34.78%
  • I was looking for TF reviews.

3 4.35%
  • I was looking for other toy info.

7 10.14%
  • Someone told me about the site.

10 14.49%
  • Transformers? I thought this was Ozforex...

3 4.35%
  • Other (please explain)

22 31.88%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you find your way to Ozformers?

Was also on Seibertron but knew there had to be a better sightings forum for Australians.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

A guy named Sean Berry complained he was "unfairly banned", but given his appalling, self-entitled behaviour, I thought it'd be worth checking out. it's quite nice here!

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Masterpiece toys brought me back to my childhood I figured there would be a nice Aus community for TF and just did a search

Other.

Someone mentioned it on TFW in the Aussie toy thread and as I consider Australia my true home despite currently living in HK I thought I would join both to get to know Aussie collectors and see a more local opinion as opposed tot eh craziness sometimes expressed by the US sites but also to see what is/isn't available in Oz so I know what to expect when we do eventually move back.

I actually find these forums a much more enjoyable experience as the information and knowledge here generally isn't edged with snarkiness and everyone I've met face to face has been really nice, knowledgeable and fascinating to learn stories from.

I like it here because you don't get brutally murdered for voicing your opinion

I think originally found the place while googling for figure reviews early on in my collecting when I was trying to figure out which older releases were worth picking up.

Never joined, just lurked here and a few other sites, and eventually when I decided to sign up on Seibertron I signed up here as well, and spend more time here, because as Jaxius._ mentioned it's more a community here than a soapbox like the other sites.

So I joined in 2010 (I would have said waaaay earlier) but I had been lurking around here since the first movie came out. SgtMikeLarry and I would use the sightings page on here and TFW2005 to find where new figs were being sold
    WANTS
    G1 Vortex w/ weapons
    Beast Wars Basic Rattrap head and gun

I just checked my profile and my first post was asking about generations Metroplex. I think I stumbled upon the forum trying to find out the differences between the versions, or i might have searched for something like "australian transformers forum" to find some info.

Other
    I am a former TAAU user.
    I knew about Ozformers but at the time the two sites ran fairly well side by side. Due to my job I went "offline" for a bit and came back in 2010 to find TAAU pretty much dead, so I joined Ozformers.
    While I have had some differing opinions in the past to how some things have been run on here I think it is a great forum and it has brought the Oz TF community together. I am definitely dedicated to this site Don't know if I will ever be deluxe though
    This is such an important place of info for anyone into Transformers fans from any era in Australia and those responsible for it's upkeep generally go unacknowledged when they truly deserve the thanks of so many collectors and fans out there.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)