Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-14+ Alert Anime Color Edition

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Shouldn't the "colour " subject to Lamborghini approval?
    Hence I think colour was never the case just like lemon yellow bee when they do release.
    nice point tigertrack yellow color was chosen by Lambo

I think based on cartoon colours, and not an official Laborghini colour (red/yellow) there was no need to worry about such requirements with Alert.

I don't mind this rendition, but I'm ok with the edition I already have, matches Lambor more closely (black area around door handles, painted lights, wheel rim colour)

Interesting...I am missing MP Alert but not sure about this deco. Maybe I could nab an older one from someone who gets this version as a replacement
    Last edited by philby; 6th April 2016 at 08:52 PM.

I quite like the colours that red is very vibrant.

Not sure about the headlights just being painted over though, surely they could of just moulded it out?

As long as the price is consistent with the other mp releases I'll happily grab this and my mp-14 will either go back in its box or be displayed elsewhere.

My initial reaction is "you've got to be kidding, right?", and it shouldn't be. I picked up the regular Takara Streak and the special edition Bluestreak which realistically only had a different coloured bonnet. But I justified that to myself that I was getting MP versions of the JP G1 toy and the Hasbro G1 toy.

This just doesn't feel the same. It feels like Tak-Tom (or is it just Tomy now?) really are just squeezing one more in before they do MP Deep cover. And it forces a choice - can I look at a shelf of every release of this mould except this one? Given how OCD I get about things like that, I practically have to get it...but it's effectively the same character in virtually the same colours...

I normally try to stay positive about new MP releases, but this has almost exhausted my goodwill.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Interesting...I am missing MP Alert nut not sure about this deco. Maybe I could nab an older one from someone who gets this version as a replacement
    I was thinking the same thing, while this gives me a chance to get Alert new as I don't have him yet I'm no sold on the colour difference, slight as it might be

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I take any version for now as is a missing piece.
    It will be price at bluestreak range.

How much does a Red Alert go for nowadays? I could be tempted to get this one if the costs are covered by offloading my current one.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I like this colour but i feel the paint apps are really rough on red alert.

Takara Tomy knows how to siphon money out of my account.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.