Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I was actually wanting to try a burger with beef, chicken and fish patties, but didn't realise that HJs don't have a fish burger. I'm sure they used to.
    It sounds a bit disgusting, but wanted to see what it tasted like.
    Eww...why would you want to try what that tasted like Griff?

How about for your next one, add the chicken patty and bacon... that should taste nice and has the added bonus of being full of artery clogging goodness!

(if I wasn't avoiding Mcdonalds, I would try the 3 meats burger idea there)
    What's wrong with Maccas?

You can do it at most fast food places, but HJs is one that encourages it - in the past, some of their TV adverts have even said so (I remember one ad that had people asking for extra this, and hold that).

I was actually wanting to try a burger with beef, chicken and fish patties, but didn't realise that HJs don't have a fish burger. I'm sure they used to.
    It sounds a bit disgusting, but wanted to see what it tasted like.

So I had to resort to the next best thing, with just 2 different meats on the one burger.
    (if I wasn't avoiding Mcdonalds, I would try the 3 meats burger idea there)
    I don't remember HJs ever doing a Fish Burger before, not in Aus particularly.

I think they used to have an Ocean Catch Baguette?

Ah yes, the baguette range might have been where I remember it from.

And bacon... yes, that could be a third meat. Or a fourth if I could get fish added.

It has marketting potential... could call it something like 'quad-meat burger' or 'farm-yard feast burger'...

Nothing says gourmet like four fatty fried meats on a bun.

Ah yes, the baguette range might have been where I remember it from.

And bacon... yes, that could be a third meat. Or a fourth if I could get fish added.

It has marketting potential... could call it something like 'quad-meat burger' or 'farm-yard feast burger'...

Nothing says gourmet like four fatty fried meats on a bun.
    Did you ever try the quad-stacker? I did - biggest regret of my life hehehe

My missus and I made the mistake of getting cheeseburgers with five layers of meat and cheese from maccas, she ended up sick for a day and I was only slightly better off being sick for a few hours after eating it. Never again
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    My missus and I made the mistake of getting cheeseburgers with five layers of meat and cheese from maccas, she ended up sick for a day and I was only slightly better off being sick for a few hours after eating it. Never again
    The scary thing about Cheeseburgers from Maccas is that I don't get full from eating heaps of them - the only thing that stops me is the accumulative layer of grease that clogs up my throat but my stomach feels empty still.

Yep maccas is pretty bad and since they brought in the new cooked to order method half the time the meat is still cold.
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    Yep maccas is pretty bad and since they brought in the new cooked to order method half the time the meat is still cold.
    Jeez that's pretty bad. I remember once I waited for over 5 minutes at their Drive Thru and got given a free Big Mac token - did not expect it and was NOT even frustrated that my burger didn't come any sooner - I was just chilling out in my car and suddenly just got given it. I don't mind having to wait for a burger, but I guess either people aren't as patient as they used to be or that Fast Food chains are really putting pressure down on those teenage workers lol