Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HasTak VS Other bots

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    If HasTak were making stuff at 3rd party levels, I would be buying them too. I am sure most 3rd party fans would also be doing the same. The reason we buy 3rd parties is because they are offering stuff Has-Tak isn't.

I give my money to whoever makes the best toys, too bad that the 3rd parties have been doing more to earn my money in the last couple of years than Has-Tak.
    I know! I'm going crazy for these combiners! If Has/Tak offered REAL combiners and not these powercore imitations then I'd be all over them. Especially if they were of Superion, Menasor, Devastator or any other G1 in modern style. CHUG! Until they do I will be buying 3rd party. I do like that they've sped up their MP's though and I can't wait to see what's next.

Although the new FOC Bruticus is a step in the right direction for Hasbro (specially after they said they would not do proper combiners because "It's too hard"), I still feel that it was badly executed and looks like a jumbled mess.

If SDCC Bruticus had been something approximating the level of FP Bruticus, I would have gladly paid the inflated price. However even with the better colors, it still looks cheap and badly engineered aside from the awesome box.

I also find it hard to justify the Hasbro retail release due to the stupid colors so I am left with waiting for a Tomy release which will hopefully have more sensible colors otherwise I will just pass on the mold.
    Last edited by kup; 5th September 2012 at 11:22 AM.

I also find it hard to justify the Hasbro retail release due to the stupid colors so I am left with waiting for a Tomy release which will hopefully have more sensible colors otherwise I will just pass on the mold.
    Can you imagine the backlash if Tomy released Bruticus in the same colours as the SDCC version It would be the Botcon Seekers all over again

If that did ever happen, I would sell my G2 FOC Bruticus in a heart-beat.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Can you imagine the backlash if Tomy released Bruticus in the same colours as the SDCC version It would be the Botcon Seekers all over again

As you said with the Botcon seekers, this scenario is not unheard of so I wouldn't be surprised if they release a game accurate color version. However I am expecting them to do G1 colors but you never know, they could still 'Copy & Paste' what Hasbro did.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post

As you said with the Botcon seekers, this scenario is not unheard of so I wouldn't be surprised if they release a game accurate color version. However I am expecting them to do G1 colors but you never know, they could still 'Copy & Paste' what Hasbro did.
    If TakTom won't do it, then perhaps Hasbro HK might??

I would still keep G2 Bruticus - that colour scheme is just hillarious

I'll be sticking with the Dudicus even if TT do a game and/or G1-accurate version.

Anyway, re. the OP - I'm planning on picking up MP Lambor and he sure ain't cheap, so yes: I will pay more for better HasTak toys. Maybe not as a regular thing (I don't think the wallet could handle regular MP purchases anyway), but if HasTak do a great version of a TF I want and the price they're asking is worth it IMO then I'll bite.
    For me it really comes down to whether or not I want the toy and how much I'm able to spend on it, not who made it.

I would pay ALL the moneys for FOC Dinobots, just saiyan... Especially if they happened to be voyager and maybe grimlock could be a little larger. I've seen the early pics of the Has/Tak grimlock and although it looks good, I'm concerned they'll Bruticus it.