Released here - Yes
    Approximate Retail Price - $18 - $24
    Approximate Size - Deluxe
    Allegiance - Maximal
    Alt-mode - German Shepard / Wolf
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Shield and firing gun weapon
    Main Colours - Yellow, black / Grey
    Main Accessories - Back/Sheild, Tail/Gun, Two crossbow missiles

Wolfang came first and was retooled into K-9. K-9 was one of the only Beast Wars characters to transform into a domesticated animal. Poseability in altmode is limited to only the rear legs - everything else is solid. Bot mode is great - you get a shield and gun that can fire missiles. In robot mode, arms and legs are poseable although you may need to alter the animal shoulder halves for the best arm poses. Both versions have a face mask. They both look great and are fun to play with.

8/10
    Last edited by Sky Shadow; 21st March 2011 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Received report regarding post incoherency.

Still don't understand why you wanted to have one thread for two different characters/toys (and they're not even repaints -- K9 is a substantially extensive retool of Wolfang). At least the poll treats them as separate toys though...

I think both are worth it.

Note: Neither K9 or Wolfang transform into werewolves.

The best version of this mould-type is Beast Wars II Max-B - he blows Wolfang and K9 out of the kennel.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Still don't understand why you wanted to have one thread for two different characters/toys (and they're not even repaints -- K9 is a substantially extensive retool of Wolfang). At least the poll treats them as separate toys though...

I think both are worth it.

Note: Neither K9 or Wolfang transform into werewolves.
    If someone has a problem with how a person is posting their topics, either ask the poster privately about it, or ask the staff about it. You shouldn't be hassling them, especially when they are at least trying to start meaningful discussion/review topics here. We need to be encouraging people to make a contribution here.

Reply posts in a toy review should be about the toy, not about how it is posted or about the person making an effort to post something positive here.

To those who are adding to the reviews in a positive, on-topic manner - I appreciate it, and I'm sure Autocon and the readers do as well. Hopefully it will spur on others to post up reviews here too.
    Last edited by griffin; 21st March 2011 at 02:05 AM.

Acknowledged.

I do like how both toys have the shield and tail-gun, particularly on K9 as it makes him look more like a riot police or counter-terrorist/special ops officer which suits his role as Maximal sentry. Sure the beast modes aren't articulated, but that's normal for Beast Wars -- articulation's always been centred around the robot mode. Putting articulation into the beast mode would have been more costly and Kenner would have had to sacrifice engineering for the robot mode. So I think they made the right choice by focusing more articulation and features for the bot modes. The detailing in the beast modes is really nice though. The fur grain sculpt is quite nice and I especially like the paint apps on K9. The storage for the missiles in the torso is a novel idea and works well. Wolfang has nicer paint apps on his shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    The best version of this mould-type is Beast Wars II Max-B - he blows Wolfang and K9 out of the kennel.
    Ooh! I want that one so bad!

Both Wolfgang and K-9 are cool figures and pull of their Alt modes quite well with suitably Wolf-like and Alsatian-like colourings.

The Alt modes are indeed non-articulate as, Goki points out, which tends to be a common thing but their fixed pose is an excellent display of Canine proportions and the 2 giant dogs would instill fear in even the toughest Predacon!
    I always found their twin harpoons logged in their stomachs to be quite comical, but this is purely for storage means in Alt mode and are quite cool missile types indeed.

The Alt mode itself for these guys is quite imposing with large strong chins, ala Animated , but with oddly bat-like face masks. With strong limb proportions, Alt mode head shoulder pads and a whopping great big Riot Shield, as Goki accurately describes, I too agree that these guys make the perfect looking Sentry type Guards which is interesting because their Alt modes seem well suited to such a Loyal role.

A pair of great figures that would be enjoyed by any fan of Wolves, German Shepherds or man's best friend in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    with large strong chins, ala Animated , but with oddly bat-like face masks.
    Totally jawsome chindominals!