View Poll Results: To buy or not to buy Rampage?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! how can so much awsome be in one toy?

9 90.00%
  • No he will crush me in my sleep

0 0%
  • only if cheap

1 10.00%
  • Working Treads. The End.

0 0%

Thread: Beast Wars: Rampage

Default Beast Wars: Rampage

Series - Beast Wars
    Sub-line - Transmetal
    Size/class - Ultra
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here - Yes
    Approximate Retail Price - $80
    Approximate Size -
    Allegiance - Predacon
    Alt-mode - King Crab
    Main Features/Gimmicks - filled with aswomeness
    Main Colours - red yellow black
    Main Accessories - gun, 3 missiles, big turret

Such an asweome figure. Has beast mode bot mode and tank mode. Real working treads! Although I couldnt make them work smoothly Looks $%* fantastic and his character on the show makes him more appealing. The takara version has a more show accurate paint job. His turret can house all 3 missiles at once and fires them one after the other. It can detach for bot mode. I just love this guy

10/10

I love Rampage, he looks so eeeeevil and powerful, and his vehicle mode is actually good too, unlike most of the 3rd modes from the Transmetals line.
    Damn this is a fun toy, I got him from Verno last year and he was one of the stars of a year full of great acquisitions.
    Last edited by Ode to a Grasshopper; 30th March 2011 at 12:33 AM.

Rampage oozes evil coolness and his toy delivers.
    My only 2 gripes with him are his claws and legs in bot mode. They cause him to take over the shelf.
    Otherwise his Crab mode is awesome ( wouldn't want to go up against those claws) and his tank mode is pure badness!
    A nice self contained (barring the rifle) toy that has hours of play value

Absolutely awesome toy, sure there is a bit of kibble on the arms that can make him a little cumbersome to pose in robot mode, and he will take alot of shelf space, but since they are the only major detractions, how can I not recommend him?

Awesome figure that is show accurate, fun to play with and looks like a tank (boom-tish).
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Totally recommended BUT only the Takara version. That badboy is the prettiest thing in existence!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    Totally recommended BUT only the Takara version. That badboy is the prettiest thing in existence!!!
    What's the difference between both versions?

Rampage at TFU.info - the Metals version is lower on the page.
    Metals Rampage is more show-accurate, but the orange chest on the western version works pretty well and the differences aren't that major IMO.

I don't see what's wrong with Hasbro's version. Sure, Takara's version is more show-like, since their toy came out _after_ Rampage had appeared in the cartoon (whereas Hasbro's version came out before his cartoon appearance) - but otherwise I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with Hasbro's version. It's not like say with Blackarachnia where I think Takara's colours are nicer than Hasbro's, irrespective of show colours. Ditto Tigatron. But ya know, it's all a matter of personal preference really.

The only Beast Wars toy I can think of off hand where I would absolutely recommend a Takara version over Hasbro's is Transmetal Megatron, and that's because Takara's version has better quality plastic whereas Hasbro uses that notoriously brittle brown plastic that's prone to breaking.

Getting back to Rampage, this was the only Beast Wars toy that I purchased after having seen him in the cartoon (well, except for Ravage and Transmutate, but they don't really count) - and I remember when I first saw him in the cartoon (eps taped off US TV... it was how I could watch TF eps long before they aired on AU TV in the days before affordable household broadband and YouTube ) I was so impressed by his vehicle mode and particularly with the tank treads I thought to myself that there was no way they could pull that off for the toy. Boy was I wrong!

As others have already mentioned, Rampage probably has the best vehicle mode among all the Transmetals. Considering that the Transmetals' vehicle modes were really designed as "intermediate" modes and not really meant to be proper third alt modes, I think Rampage's tank mode really stands out. Most other Transmetals' vehicle modes is the beast mode with say roller skates (Megatron), thrusters (Cheetor), surfboard (Optimus Primal), skis (Rhinox), deformation (Waspinator, yeah I know it's meant to be a jet... looks nice in photos... doesn't look anything like one IRL)... but Rampage's crab-tank really worked out nicely IMHO.

The arm kibble doesn't bother me that much really. It's no where near as obtrusive as say Universe/Henkei Inferno's launcher or RtS Grappel/United Grapple's crane.

you just wanna get a big plate, put him onto and sprinkle him with a bit of lemon and serve with vinegar for a dip . Awesome figure!! oh a cup of rice as well
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]