Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Walmart Gen1 reissues - Hotrod, Starscream, Devastator, Minibots

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Some hairline are thicker than others.
    ***looks in mirror at receding hairline... cries***

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    ***looks in mirror at receding hairline... cries***
    Embrace the chromedome. Once you do it you won't look back.

As noted in the Foreign First Release topic, the reissue Starscream and Devastator have now been found in Walmart in Canada (still yet to appear in America)... for about AU$50 for Starscream and about AU$100 for Devastator.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    As noted in the Foreign First Release topic, the reissue Starscream and Devastator have now been found in Walmart in Canada (still yet to appear in America)... for about AU$50 for Starscream and about AU$100 for Devastator.
    Do you (or anyone else here) know if we'll be getting these here?

Do you (or anyone else here) know if we'll be getting these here?
    It would be really awesome to see G1 toys on retail shelves. If anyone recalls the April Fools Day gag that Goktimus Prime did of G1 toys at a Kmart? I dream of such a day, and that we see more characters released
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Galvatran Guest

Off topic... What's involved in Hasbro making a deal with a retail chain such as TRU or Walmart for an 'exclusive' toy. Is it a matter of money changing hands for exclusivity rights?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Seems pretty reasonable pricing, I'm sure we'll get the "Australia" tax added to them but still, to go and buy one of these off the shelf and have it in hand on the day will be just reward for the extra $$
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Off topic... What's involved in Hasbro making a deal with a retail chain such as TRU or Walmart for an 'exclusive' toy. Is it a matter of money changing hands for exclusivity rights?
    I don't know about big US chains like that, but I would assume that they get a pretty sweet deal on the wholesale price. A lot of these 'exclusives' are for the US, but are offered to other retailers (like in Asia, where we see Walmart/Target exclusives available through Hasbro HK) and also to Australian retailers..... but its often difficult to convince retailers to CARRY these types of items. There have been items in the past that weren't a US exclusive, but no Aus retailer wanted to buy..... and then a deal was struck, and it was advertised as "exclusive to Big W" or "exclusive to Kmart". The impression I've always had is that Hasbro offers so much range we often miss out on items/waves, so if a retailer wanted to have an exclusive it would be pretty easily had.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

The Minibots and Devastator have now been listed on the Walmart site, so might be found in stores over there soon.
    Devastator is US$74, while three of the four Minibots are US$8. For some reason, Walmart is scalping their own exclusives based on expected demand, by selling Bumblebee at US$9, despite the other three being "rarer" for having less units of each in the master cartons.

Galvatran Guest

I'd hardly call USD9 scalping.