Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rotf game review

nice specs what else u play ?

Quote Originally Posted by funkyaw View Post
    I just picked it up for PC as well.

What sort of specs are you running?

I intend to run it on a Intel Q6600, 3Gb RAM and 512Mb NVIDIA 9600GT. Not sure if I can run it on native resolution on my 24inch screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    what annoyse me the most is holding down the shift key to stay in vechile mode..having one of those spelling days
    That seems odd. I wonder if its a change-able option? Ie togle vs held. I am not too sure my fingers could be moivated enough for that.... I prefer button press for car, button press for robot.... Wouldn't afect game that much surely..

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    That seems odd. I wonder if its a change-able option? Ie togle vs held. I am not too sure my fingers could be moivated enough for that.... I prefer button press for car, button press for robot.... Wouldn't afect game that much surely..
    Yes, from what I can tell you can't stop the vehicle.. slowing down to the point of releasing the trigger will transform to robot mode.

??? That seems really stupid IMHO.

So the accelerator is the Transform button? If so bleeeeeuuuuurgh! I liked the first one coz I could just whizz around in car mode and plonk myself somewhere and shoot stuff willy nilly, whilst not moving anywhere.

it works really well on the consoles IMO, I wouldn't have it any other way. It really helps it fell like alt and robot are in harmony, during multi even when it was two against me I was shifting in and out of alt hopping over obstacles while keeping the heat on my autobot prey, super fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire View Post
    Yes, from what I can tell you can't stop the vehicle.. slowing down to the point of releasing the trigger will transform to robot mode.
    dosen't the pc version have the brake/reverse button like the console ones do...?

on the console version i am playing, i have this option...
    and you can also decrease/increase the speed based on the pressure on the trigger (i have tried both and they work)

Note: been playing the Autobot Campaign and it appears i haves unlocked two episodes of the G1 Cartoon ( not good quality mind you ) among other things?
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 26th June 2009 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    dosen't the pc version have the brake/reverse button like the console ones do...?

on the console version i am playing, i have this option...
    and you can also decrease/increase the speed based on the pressure on the trigger (i have tried both and they work)

Note: been playing the Autobot Campaign and it appears i haves unlocked two episodes of the G1 Cartoon ( not good quality mind you ) among other things?
    Probably. I haven't spent that much time with the game yet. If you have the console version then I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    it works really well on the consoles IMO, I wouldn't have it any other way. It really helps it fell like alt and robot are in harmony, during multi even when it was two against me I was shifting in and out of alt hopping over obstacles while keeping the heat on my autobot prey, super fun!
    Good point made about keeping the vehicle and robot in harmony.

Whoops forgot to mention

The Brake/Reverse Button on the X360 is i think LB..."which would probably be L1 on the PS3"
    I wouldn't know right now as i am busy playing the Xbox360 version.

Any of you guys tried the multiplayer?

I am trying it out on PC and there doesn't seem to be many online matches - I could only find a single free for all death match to join in and that only had 2 other players (the rest were computer controlled bots).

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire View Post
    Probably. I haven't spent that much time with the game yet. If you have the console version then I stand corrected.

Good point made about keeping the vehicle and robot in harmony.
    Well that is abit more promising. IGN only gave it a 6/10 on PS3. Looks like I will have to get one, the Wii version got 4/10