Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1828333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

That's the cool thing about comics, everyone looks at things differently.

The things I liked about Secret Invasion/Dark Reign were the things like Secret Warriors and Avengers Inititive. While there weren't the main stories, the event impact hit home harder.

Secret Warriors is fkn fantastic!!!

Poor Phobos

But you're right, what some regard as trash, others see as gold!!

I given shit to other titles before, only to be converted by a friend or store owner...

I've been tempted by some books in the US but it's still cheaper to buy them frm bookdepository and I don't have to worry about luggage space.

I did get a few comics on Free Comic Book Day: picked up Green Lantern, Spider-man, Thor/Capt America, Mickey Mouse, and Inspector Gadget.

Also the 99c ($1.20 or so in AUD) specials for Marvel Digital Comics have won me over and I now have a large library of Thor comics on my phone to read. The first 17 issues of the current Thor book, and the first 25 issues of the Dan Jurgens/John Romita Jr run in the late 90s. (And I suppose the movie encouraged me to check out the comics too )

So is anyone looking forward to DC's War of the Green Lanterns or Flashpoint series?

Front page of the USA Today paper has a promo on a story about the DC relaunch.

Is that the outcome of Flashpoint? Another, somewhat permanent reboot of their characters to earlier younger forms.

This is why I can make the move to DC, the sudden invalidation of decades of stories? Not cool. And I was liking how Morrison had worked on Batman to make all those wacky 60 and 70s stories canon again.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Front page of the USA Today paper has a promo on a story about the DC relaunch.

Is that the outcome of Flashpoint? Another, somewhat permanent reboot of their characters to earlier younger forms.

This is why I can make the move to DC, the sudden invalidation of decades of stories? Not cool. And I was liking how Morrison had worked on Batman to make all those wacky 60 and 70s stories canon again.
    I'm positive about it to some degree.

My only concern is GL as I love it in its present state and would hate to see all that disappear.

But I think overall, this is basically DC's hot at ultimatising their entire universe which I think has merits. Coupled with the digital strategy, I think it's a good strategic move

The comic book industry is dying. Sales numbers of the top books get smaller and smaller by the year. Having a clean slate is the way to go. My question is how do they manage it online with their back issues inventory? It's honestly their biggest stumbling block. How do they create a voice when there's so much immediately competing with it directly in the online store of a smartphone / tablet? These screens aren't optimised for complex browsing of thousands of issues.

I can already see myself giving a fair few titles a go. Teen Titans, Aquaman and the JLA would be all thumbs up for me. And keen to see next week's solicitations too to find out more.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Within the last couple of days I've started to re-ignite my love for the Punisher, so I got all 5 issues of his newest series, 'In the Blood'.

It's a very intense series and returns Punisher back to his roots which I considered a blessing since his last few months/year being an undead freakin' FRANKENSTEIN. Only complaints is that the dialogue seems a off, I don't know if it's just how Americans talk but some of it just sounded out of place and may have needed some revision. Otherwise a good series and a glad return of the real Punisher/Frank Castle.

Default Five Of The Greatest Batman Quotes Of All Time

Several of the new 52 new DC #1 comics are out now. Anyone buying any? I see mixed reviews. Or has anyone stopped buying a book because of the reboot? I hear Green Lantern and Batman titles are all that affected by the new universe but don't get how that works exactly.

People just like to whinge about the 52 :P most of the books are pretty solid I highly recommend Animal man