Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: September Acquisitions

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

That's why lcz128 made his own

Quote Originally Posted by kup
    - To Support these third party accessory makers which often serve to enhance existing toys or make up for Hasbro's laziness(eg Cliffjumper kit/Magnus Armor).
    That's admirable, but having made your purchase you've already given them your support, so perhaps you might want to sell them to another fan who would want to use those heads? I'm sure there's someone out there who would be willing to buy those heads from you.

Also, I wouldn't chalk the lack of trailer/armour on Magnus as just laziness, making the trailer/armour for Ultra Magnus would be very costly and of course the toy itself would become more expensive. I think not retooling Cliffjumper was lazy though because that's a far less significant expenditure and one I think that they could easily recoup through the sales of the toy. What irks me is that in the same wave as Cliffjumper we got Ramjet, who was a repaint and extensive retool of Classics Starscream. If they only put the same amount of effort into retooling Cliffjumper then I would've been satisfied. Trying to palm off a red Bumblebee as Cliffjumper = epic fail.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That's admirable, but having made your purchase you've already given them your support, so perhaps you might want to sell them to another fan who would want to use those heads? I'm sure there's someone out there who would be willing to buy those heads from you.

Also, I wouldn't chalk the lack of trailer/armour on Magnus as just laziness, making the trailer/armour for Ultra Magnus would be very costly and of course the toy itself would become more expensive. I think not retooling Cliffjumper was lazy though because that's a far less significant expenditure and one I think that they could easily recoup through the sales of the toy. What irks me is that in the same wave as Cliffjumper we got Ramjet, who was a repaint and extensive retool of Classics Starscream. If they only put the same amount of effort into retooling Cliffjumper then I would've been satisfied. Trying to palm off a red Bumblebee as Cliffjumper = epic fail.
    I also noted that I always wanted the heads and here they are . I may not use them but I enjoy having them and the option to use them if I so wish.

White Primes are a lazy effort to milk the Prime mold. They should of not done Magnus at all or created a new mold like Titanium did. If they can make a $100 toy filled with very expensive and elaborate electronic gimmicks then they can make a clip on accessory kit for Magnus.

I would be happy to pay Leader class value for a Magnus with an official trailer/armor. Its as attractive as a leader class figure and combined it doesn't look to be much shorter.

Default Problems with parents

My Mum has had enough with me storing my toys at her house and is pressuring me to sell them...

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Picked up Universe Onslaught from Big W! (I passed on Silverbolt tho!)

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Picked up Universe Onslaught from Big W! (I passed on Silverbolt tho!)
    They shouldn't of gone with that dark gray color. They should of gone with the G1 like off white like Henkei/USA edition.

i caved and bought universe prowl-
    it was at big w, 23.88. I just wanted something to fiddle with to keep my cravings down til sales are on

Quote Originally Posted by jimoinj View Post
    My Mum has had enough with me storing my toys at her house and is pressuring me to sell them...
    Oh theres a lot of us here you can offload it to heheheh
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by kup
    They should of not done Magnus at all or created a new mold like Titanium did.
    At first I thought you were talking about Titanium WW Magnus then I realised that you were referring to the G1 Magnus figure. They could, but again that would be more costly. But even within cheaper realm of repaints I think it would've been nice if they'd incorporated the trailer colours like Takara/e-Hobby did with Laser Ultra Magnus.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Today:

The heads for G1 ratchet/ironhide arrived.

The comic prize from Griffin arrived.

I caved and bought the one galvatron from BigW. I'm a sucker for tanks, and Hasbros tank mode looked great in the pack. I'll still get the henkei version for the robot mode. This is the one toy where I'll just get both because each mode has its own merits.

The thing that actually prompted me to get the hasbro one for the tank mode is when I had it in my hands, I only realised then on how large the turret bit is, and that the henkei one is all chromed and would well, not look that great as a tank. So I took it to the scanner, $23.99, Sold. (Used to be $24.99 for deluxes).
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------