Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - MP-32 Optimus Primal/Beast Convoy

Link to the mod? I thought it might be simple misassembly since it just felt like there was one more ratchet it could hit, probably close to identical pieces inside. I actually tried unscrewing one part too but got cold feet when the shoulder armour looked to be 2 pieces glued together. Sounds like i was going for the wrong bit?

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Link to the mod? I thought it might be simple misassembly since it just felt like there was one more ratchet it could hit, probably close to identical pieces inside. I actually tried unscrewing one part too but got cold feet when the shoulder armour looked to be 2 pieces glued together. Sounds like i was going for the wrong bit?
    A friend sent me the link last night now I couldn't find it lol.

Basically you unscrew the 3 screws on the grey piece on the upper arm. Only need to mod the white piece, basically to let it clear the red T piece that the shoulder pad is pinned on. The T piece is mis-assemble between the left and right shoulder, but the pin is difficult to remove so swapping is out of the question.

See the pic below. Note the cavity. On the right is before modding. Left is after. Shave about 1.5mm of plastic off

Thanks! It does make quite a difference, was easy and can't see any side effects or sign it was modded afterwards.

The red T shaped bar on the inside of his shoulders looks identical both sides to me though, so it seemed less like mis-assembly and more like this piece we're trimming is badly designed. Maybe i missed something but not i'm taking him apart again to check

Thanks! It does make quite a difference, was easy and can't see any side effects or sign it was modded afterwards.

The red T shaped bar on the inside of his shoulders looks identical both sides to me though, so it seemed less like mis-assembly and more like this piece we're trimming is badly designed. Maybe i missed something but not i'm taking him apart again to check
    From what I could see there's a ridge on top the red T piece that's offset to one side so there's a difference between L and R. The extra cut away is to clear that ridge.. Glad it worked for you too.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyone else have their box and clam shell double taped?
    My clam shell came double-taped.

In a few short days this has become probably my favourite TF, it's just that nice. I'm already lowering expectations for Inferno now, i don't see how it can match this level.
    Same. Especially after the shoulder fix. He topped Ironhide on my best Masterpiece list, which I didn't expect at all.

Shoulder pad fix via TF x Taiwan-Design:

The top of the shoulder guards doesnt need to come off like that to do the fix. At least on mine, the halves of the guards are stuck to one another so it could damage it to split them. Just following doublespys advce on the previous page was enough to get it done.

Any comments/pics of this toy in comparison with the original? I know there are photos on other sites, but I'm curious to hear what you fellas think of this toy compared to the original. As you know I was initially reluctant in pre-ordering this toy but ended up pre-ordering it literally one week before it was released. My initial misgivings was that this toy wouldn't offer anything substantially better than the original (factoring cost as well), because I find that neither Generations Waspinator or Rhinox really improved on their originals relative to cost/size. But hey, this is Masterpiece, and in hand photos made me change my mind.

So uh... yeah, please tell me that I was right to change my mind and alleviate my premature buyer's remorse!^what you guys think about this toy compared to the original Ultra figure. More side-by-side photos would be most appreciated if it's not too much trouble. Thanks!

imo there's no comparison.

The MP figure is better in every way.

Then again I'm pretty particular about proportions and aesthetics. The MP figure nails it in both modes. The original figure was great at the time but there's still substantial difference between the cartoon model and the toy.

He is beyond magnificent.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I'm still waiting on mine from HLJ to arrive!!!
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett