• Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

2 12.50%
  • Not even interested

1 6.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Twinferno

This dude looks okay in robot mode, but I think his alt mode is really disappointing. The tail end holds together so badly it makes TR Wheelie look good.

I honestly don't have this issue w/ my TR Wheelie, but having said that you're not the only one I've seen report on this issue. Although the difference w/ Wheelie is that it's a smaller & cheaper Legends Class figure that's also trying to accommodate having a pilot's compartment which compacts in robot mode. That's pretty darn impressive. Twinferno's tail on the other hand just has to transform from being the feet in robot mode to the tail in beast mode. The thing that makes Twinferno's case more disappointing is that it's more of a "You had one job" things, whereas Wheelie's multitasking.

My Twinferno's tail does clip together, but it's a hassle. The beast mode would always look daft even if the tail worked perfectly because it's based on the G1 toy which is already a really daft looking figure in the first place. But kudos to Hasbro for giving it a go. Not too long ago characters like Doublecross would be figures that we'd only expect third party companies to do as they'd be considered too unpopular for the mainstream line. I hope that this means that Hasbro will venture into covering more less popular G1 characters - my dream is to have as much of G1 as possible redone as modern toys. Hopefully they'll improve when it comes to doing Repugnus and Grotusque.

I don't have any problem clipping the legs/tails together on my copy. The legs need to be snapped together as well or the tail will pop open, and to do that you need to apply force on the inner panels where the tabs are.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Robot mode is fine, but I'm not a fan of dragon mode. Maybe it's just poor QC on mine only but the grey pieces on the lower legs of bot mode/connector pieces bettween the dragon legs and body are poorly manufactured, with ragged pieces of mould flashing, as well as not fitting the tabs in securely when in dragon mode. Also, the tail pieces in dragon mode just WILL NOT stay together. Dragon mode is just a bit too blocky for my liking. Buy if cheap (which I did) .
    I have to agree with you. The factor of being too blocky is why I like the dragon mode better when posed horizontal instead of vertical.

I've got this figure on order with BBTS.

I'll be interested to see the TLK version