Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDW TFs comics for next week

Default IDW TFs comics for next week

Out next week from IDW is Issue 14 of the Ongoing, and the 2nd TPB of the Ongoing, which should cover Issues 7-12.

Issue 14:

Two Autobots felled in the past two issues and the punishment is only beginning! A shocking revelation and an unexpected attack begins the "REVENGE OF THE DECEPTICONS," the storyline that leaves a lot more Autobots on the operating table, and their entire future on Earth in question-and also features the return of superstar artist DON FIGUEROA!

yay another art change with completely different styles.

Wonder if IDW will have to label every character again so we know who is who...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

i am getting tired of the constant art changes... dont get me wrong i dont mind it if someone comes in for a guest spot on a "one off" type off issue.... but then i would like to see it go back to some form of consistancy..
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I don't mind different artists... but I dislike haphazard changes to character models. (-_-) Do they want them to look Neo-G1 or movie-esque? Just pick one and run with it for crying out loud...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    i am getting tired of the constant art changes... dont get me wrong i dont mind it if someone comes in for a guest spot on a "one off" type off issue.... but then i would like to see it go back to some form of consistancy..
    I agree, there should be a level of consistency in the character models within a series. It throws you off too much when a character looks radically different from one issue to the next in the same story ark.

In comics Visuals are also an important part of the story telling process and having the character models change so radically makes it hard for someone to really immersed into it.

I'm glad the more complex designs are back but as I understand the next issue is being handled by a different artist again (so get ready for another change)
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Just saw the 5 page preview, yet another human centric 5 opening pages.

Oh and spoilers The guy that shot Bee ordered the Cybertronian gun online....

Bad Costa, very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I agree, there should be a level of consistency in the character models within a series. It throws you off too much when a character looks radically different from one issue to the next in the same story ark.

In comics Visuals are also an important part of the story telling process and having the character models change so radically makes it hard for someone to really immersed into it.
    Absolutely. There's also this thing called Visual Continuity, which gets totally screwed up when they haphazardly change character models back and forth. It reminds me of this scene from Kung Pow: Enter The Fist.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Just saw the 5 page preview, yet another human centric 5 opening pages.

Oh and spoilers

Bad Costa, very bad.
    What?

Just saying that Costa's "explaining" of how the human who shot Bumblebee got his weapon was very very lazy.

Since the issue has been released, I'll just type it: The weapon used to shot Bumblebee was ordered online from a random website....
    Sure there are machinations behind it, but really, a website?