Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Transformers fan vote

Default 2018 Transformers fan vote

First it was Windblade.
    Then we had the Combiner Victorion.
    Then Trypticon and Optimus Primal in the last two years.

The next global Transformers fan vote starts soon (Hasbro have posted a teaser video on facebook).... so keep an eye out on the news coming out of New York Toyfair this weekend (if you don't hear about it here first).

Fingers crossed that Australia gets a more involved role in the short-list selection process this time.

The vote will be:

Needlenose vs Tracks
    Spinister vs Wheeljack
    Impactor vs Mirage

No idea what that actually means or how it will work yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    The vote will be:

Needlenose vs Tracks
    Spinister vs Wheeljack
    Impactor vs Mirage

No idea what that actually means or how it will work yet.
    I imagine that there will be a proper public official announcement from Hasbro on the fan vote... before Tuesday at least.... to tell us clearly what they need from us, and more importantly, why.
    It may be fun to have us voting on characters, but if we know what we are voting for, or why, it will help with the decision.

This was Seibertron's description of what was mentioned at the presentation panel...

Fan vote poll for a deluxe class:
    #Needlenose vs Tracks (brother vs brother),
    #Spinister vs Wheeljack (Saboteur vs Scientist),
    #Impactor vs Mirage (Greater Good vs Greater $$$)

Vote by hashtag Tuesday 2/20 - Friday 2/23 on Facebook and Instagram (hashtags above). Winners will be sold separately, but share story.
    Not a lot of time for Hasbro to promote this, as it is just two days time (2 and a half in America)... and is that it, or will there be many elimination rounds, that eventually narrow down the winner?

Seibertron have posted up more details... but it is still a little confusing.

It looks like two winning toys will be released after this fan vote, but since they have three pairs to vote on next week (which would result in 3 winners), maybe there will be multiple rounds to end up with two winners.
    The first six for voting next week aren't that inspiring, with 5 of the 6 already done in Prime Wars styling (yes, three were FunPub exclusives, but it's not like Hasbro are offering six "first ever" toy options for us to want to vote for).
    Tracks also has a Classicverse toy, but could do with a Combiner form to go with all the other Original Series Autobots in the Prime Wars style.
    (even though the next Generations series is being called War for Cybertron, I would imagine a continuation of the same style and design as Prime Wars toys, just with new gimmicks)

From the coverage of the Hasbro Brand Entertainment panel, we have the details on the next fan-vote poll that will lead to not one but two, separately sold figures - each with their backstory and reason for inclusion together - for the new War for Cybertron toyline (that will follow the end of Power of the Primes and Prime Wars Trilogy).

The voting runs on official Transformers social media platforms Facebook and Instagram from Tuesday February 20th to Friday February 23rd, using the hashtags provided below.

• Needlenose and Tracks - #NeedlenosevsTracks (brother vs brother)
    • Spinister and Wheeljack - #SpinistervsWheeljack (Saboteur vs Scientist)
    • Impactor and Mirage - #ImpactorvsMirage (Greater Good vs Greater Profit)

You vote for the pairing, but each of the winning figures will be available separately at retail. We will bring you more information as it becomes available!

Well I need a Needlenose, Spinister and Impactor for my CHUG collection so I see little point in me voting as I'd just use three accounts and vote for each set once.

The 2018 Transformers fan-vote has begun. Vote on the Transformers facebook page (or any of their other official social media sites that is taking votes), and check out the art and story behind each of these pairings here on the Hasbro Pulse site (text copied below).

War for Cybertron is an up-close, gritty, three-part look at the battle for the fate of Cybertron. These are beloved and familiar events from Transformers lore told through the eyes of the heroes and villains in a story of conflict and consequence, where in order to gain what you want, you must be willing to lose everything you have.

For the first time fans can vote on a pair of characters who will become part of the Generations lineup as Deluxe Class figures. Choose wisely…these rivals will have to share the same shelf…even though they may not like it!

CHOOSE YOUR RIVALS

SPINISTER vs. WHEELJACK
    Saboteur vs. Scientist
    It’s saboteur vs. scientist as Spinister and Wheeljack lock circuits in a battle of wits. Who will come out ahead as they play a high-stakes game of cat and mouse.

NEEDLENOSE vs. TRACKS
    Brother vs. Brother
    Brother is pitted against brother as these two family members choose to fight on opposite sides of the war. When their loyalties are tested by the trails of combat, which bond will hold stronger: family or faction?

IMPACTOR vs. MIRAGE
    Mirage vs. the Mercenary
    The Wreckers, led by Impactor, are a highly skilled team of mercenaries who are at their best when the odds of survival are at their worst. They're exactly the kind of soldiers the Autobots need on their side. Can Mirage persuade them to join the Autobot cause?

Vote for your favorite character pair and help shape the future of the Transformers universe!

Voting ends in about 3 days time, so it is not long at all for you to have a say in which of these three pairs will be released as Deluxe toys in next year's Generations toyline.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It looks like two winning toys will be released after this fan vote, but since they have three pairs to vote on next week (which would result in 3 winners), maybe there will be multiple rounds to end up with two winners.
    I realised the other day that the voting format is likely to be a vote on one of those three pairs, not a vote on one character in each pairing.... which now obviously gives us the "two toys" that they were mentioning.

Between various Generations lines and the TFSS I’ve got new versions of all these characters so it’s a bit on a non-issue for me. A shame they didn’t tackle characters that hadn’t had the treatment yet - maybe like some proper Headmaster Horricons or Action Master Elites.

Maybe even that clock that killed Hitler

I’m keen on a newer, better model Mirage and Impactor, so they got my vote.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

When did tracks and needlenose become brothers?

Id vote impactor

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    When did tracks and needlenose become brothers?
    I'm guessing in an upcoming issue of IDW.