Thread: Buying from ebay (US site)?

Default Buying from ebay (US site)?

Hi,

Guys just a quick question...

I have a friend in the US right now, he is in grad school at Notre Dame... He lives on campus etc and every 6 months he comes back home to perth...

Id like to take advantage of him being in the US and get him to receive my ebay winnings & hold them till he gets back...

Other then contacting the seller (and telling them to use his address) is there going to be problems or issues im going to face....

Could my bids be reject as my agents lists me in perth??

Anyone done this before?

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

You may have problems.

If the seller ships to an address that is different than the listed Paypal address, they aren't covered by Paypal if something goes wrong.

So yeah, it could be a problem.

If you should want the items posted to your friends address, you might wanna change/edit your registered address details in Paypal so that the seller will automatically send it straight to the address (of your friend) in the US. Having said that though, should you decide to purchase any other stuff (local) using paypal, these items might end up being all shipped overseas to him as well. prolly have a dedicated paypal account with his address for this.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]