Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21217181920212223242526273242 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah, it is very clear that Scott's mismanagement of the line is not 'opinion' or anything subjective like that but absolute and documented fact.

Despite all that, there are still people out there that defend him as if he were some sort of hero despite all the abuse. Again, they seem like battered wives to me, Scott can do whatever he wants to them and they are still supporting him. If they start to get a bit annoyed, all that Scott needs to do is another stupid video saying the same old rethoric and suddenly he is a 'super fan' again in their eyes
    I just had to re-post this comment that someone made...

Mattel has FRIGHTENED me into subscribing this year. Last year, they BULLIED me because I needed a Shadow Weaver so badly!
    Seriously! Someone actually wrote that! And yet this doesn't shut up fanatics who say Subbers are all happy creatures and "true fans".

Amusingly enough, He-Man.org locked a thread which a guys started discussing Scott's 'Scare tactics'. This fascist information control they are doing to gain Mattel's favor is really stupid. All that it does, is create divisions in the fandom and gives Mattel the wrong idea of how the line is perceived.
    Yeah I saw that!

But they will allow countless, repetitive "Buy a Sub" threads. Not to mention the videos, twitter campaigns, artwork, and "celebrity" appeals. There's a new thread for just about every one of those Even Pixel Dan has a new "Wake up call" video, a passionate plea to the fans. I'm getting sick of these everyday. I wish people (especially people like Pixel Dan, who's own opinion seems to formulate the opinions of many) would stop pleading with fans to save the line, and start pleading with Mattel to do it! Plead with them to fix all of the issues! Mattel is the one who needs a "Wake up call"... not the customers/fans!!

There are so many choice quotes there at the moment, but this was a real gem. Someone complaining that enough people aren't subbing...

I wish whatever would bring people back would happen, whatever it is
    Um... fix the problems maybe?

I am seriously over all this crap.I've considered subbing up a lot in the past few weeks but is looks like finances won't cover it and BBTS is has sold out of preorders for Jitsu and there was apparently a blink and you'll miss it for Ram-Man. I just want my god-damn He-man and She-Ra toys dammit! looks i'll be buying them off ebay and going the BBTS route for others. At least I won't have to deal with things getting lost or not replaced, right?

If I wasn't banned, I would seriously go and create a 'Mattel wake up' thread.

Pixel Dan and the He-Man.org staff seem too willing to humor Scott's game of blaming the fans for lack of sub sales. Due to the 'follow the leader' personalities there, they are loosing focus on the fact that people are not buying subs because they are fed up with Mattel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    I am seriously over all this crap.I've considered subbing up a lot in the past few weeks but is looks like finances won't cover it and BBTS is has sold out of preorders for Jitsu and there was apparently a blink and you'll miss it for Ram-Man. I just want my god-damn He-man and She-Ra toys dammit! looks i'll be buying them off ebay and going the BBTS route for others. At least I won't have to deal with things getting lost or not replaced, right?
    True dat!

I honestly wonder how it's gonna go. There's still another week to go, but I wonder if the Sub will reach 100% min. If they 'miraculously' get over the line at the last minute, I will be a little skeptical. Almost like they've got better numbers now then what they're letting on. Still, I don't give a crap either anymore. If the Sub fails, we'll surely still get figures in 2013... either as pre-orders or DOS. We will likely see Ram Man and Co, but may have to pay a lot more for them.

If I wasn't banned, I would seriously go and create a 'Mattel wake up' thread.
    Well, you'll be back soon

Seriously though, a thread like that will just get deleted or closed! But not before the countless Apologists write stuff like "*sigh* really another one?" or "haven't we heard this already?"

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post

Well, you'll be back soon

Seriously though, a thread like that will just get deleted or closed! But not before the countless Apologists write stuff like "*sigh* really another one?" or "haven't we heard this already?"

Yeah I know. It just feels like such a waste and the problem is that in reality, it is clear that not enough has been said on the actual causes of the situation. People do not understand what actually went wrong and they are unwittingly helping to spin things in Scot's favor with all these 'pleads to fans' instead of holding Mattel accountable.

If this continues this way, if MOTUC dies, it will die for nothing and not a lesson will be learned on Mattel's side as officially it will be 'the fans fault for not supporting the line' setting up the same pattern of failure for a future line if it ever happens.

I'm over trying to convince Org members. A lot of them have fingers in ears, eyes closed singing "La-la-la-la... Can't hear you!" At least there seem to be a lot of members still fighting against it, only to be met by the same half a dozen people telling them to "buy a Sub" or "move on"

If Mattel, to use Scott's own words, "Screw the pooch" with MOTUC then, they will inevitably try to re-boot it again in a few years. Problem is I think a lot of people, some of them hard core collectors, won't be back. I certainly am not starting all over again... that will be the 4th time for me. A movie line might tempt me, but if it's just a generic 'MOTUC 2.0' then forget it.

Seems like DCUC is all but dead. We already know GB is! And Mattel have cancelled their Batman Legacy line, which annoyed a lot of people. Now, with MOTUC on "the chopping block" (again, Scott's words) I wonder what Mattel will be producing for collectors like us.

I did kind of want to give him a hug.

but I have a weird thing for Pixel Dan.

sadly he only has eyes for Toyguru.....

The apologists at the Org must be retarded. Look at this one:

This is how I feel. Now lets hear the "he's the brand manager" arguments
    So Scott being the brand manager and responsible for the line is now an "argument". WTF? Looks like they have drunk way too much moonshine. Their noggins are no longer working too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    I did kind of want to give him a hug.

but I have a weird thing for Pixel Dan.

sadly he only has eyes for Toyguru.....
    Bwa ha ha ha! funny and appropriate.

well done!