Thread: Encore Starscream

Default Encore Starscream

I got an Encore Starscream today.

It's only my second-ever Seeker (after Dirge) and something's concerning me: the gap between the wings and the main body. The images on the box indicate the wings should be flush but mine stick out quite a bit and look pretty poor.

Is this a legacy of the mould being reused several times over? Might it be caused by some sort of swelling on this very humid Melbourne night? Should I shave off some of the wings' connecting tabs? Are all Seekers like this?

Or did I just end up with an Encore suffering from poor quality control?

on http://jizaitoys.seesaa.net/ somewhere i think there was a discussion of making a mod to better match the colour theme...

i guess you pay big money for those and deserve quality!
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

It's standard. On my seekers the posts have been filed down (by me!) and look a lot nicer as a result.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

all seekers have about that much gap between the wings and body except pre-rubs they had shorter wing posts

Pre-Rub Thundercracker

G1 Starscream

my encore SS has pretty much the same amount of room as the original G1 SS

your best option is to break out a nail file if you want the wings to sit flush or search ebay for some short post wings

Standard? I guess I've never looked that closely at pictures. Nice to have a Starscream though, guess I'm getting a file out. Thanks.

Yes it is standard. From what I recall, the original 80s Seekers had the same problem but not as pronounced as the reissues.

As Dirge suggested, you can always file the pegs or sand them to minimize the gap. I have been considering doing that with my seekers but haven't got around to it.
    ________
    BUY EXTREME Q
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:10 PM.