Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RID cartoon possibly ending next year

I won't be overly sad to see it go. The animation style, whilst better than Animated (which was a style I was NOT a fan of) it was still a little too close for my liking.

And story wise it seemed a step back from Prime.

Rescue Bots is much more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post

Rescue Bots is much more enjoyable.
    I actually agree. As "simple" as Rescue Bots is, it is quite enjoyable to watch AND Optimus has a sense of HUMOUR and humanity to him much more reminiscent of G1 Prime.

My kids despite technically being too old for the show always stop to watch it, or in my sons case sit down and watch a whole set of episodes and I always hear them laughing at it. They LOVED the Season where Optimus turned into a T-Rex and went all primal.

Back to RID, I actually think bringing Optimus back so soon was a bad idea. I love hearing Peter Cullen's OP voice and there is no doubt he draws viewers but they could have taken an alternate track and mixed it up with Ironhide... (personally I'd love to see if they could a) convince the studio to introduce Ironhide and b) convince Peter Cullen to reprise his voice).

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post

Back to RID, I actually think bringing Optimus back so soon was a bad idea. I love hearing Peter Cullen's OP voice and there is no doubt he draws viewers but they could have taken an alternate track and mixed it up with Ironhide... (personally I'd love to see if they could a) convince the studio to introduce Ironhide and b) convince Peter Cullen to reprise his voice).
    Well, leakin' lubricant, ya think they'd do an Ortabot based show without Prahm? To take a word outta oh Galvies book dats bad comedy!
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Not really watching the show but my kids love it. I'm disappointed for them if it ends.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Couldn't get my pre-3 son into Rescuebots so tried RID. He enjoyed sitting on my lap to watch it before I'd go to work when it was on telly but showed no interest in watching the show outside of that scenario. The only ones he will watch independently are Prime and G1. And I think that shows good taste on his part as they are both superior shows to the new RID.

I felt the second half on the first season was better than the first and so deserved a second season. However unless season 2 really lifts it's game I won't be too disappointed to not see a third.

I think part of the reason is, despite so many of us going 'oh how original - Optimus vs Megatron again...yawn', this show that for the most part doesn't have them just doesn't seem to inspire. Bbee vs Steeljaw just doesn't have the same punch and their battles aren't nearly as epic and as leaders they aren't very inspiring. Who knows though - if they can make the next season good enough it might generate enough of a following for them to make a third after all.

This has surfaced, relating to a new partnership between Hasbro and a digital release platform, suggesting that the RID cartoon could be continuing as a digital only release cartoon (which I think netflix has various exclusive shows that don't get released to TV, at least for a while). If true, this could explain why it was leaked by a show writer, that they were currently working on season 4, while the TV episodes look to only be two seasons (with the second season only being 13 episodes).

Considering a lot of young kids are now being "babysat" by digital devices/pads and content downloaded onto them by their parents, this would be a reasonable direction for Hasbro to release cartoons, that otherwise get screwed over by the major networks... who are known to air episodes at inconsistent times or periods (in America), cut up episodes to fit in more advertising or kids content (in Australia), or force the early end of a cartoon series for the marketing of "new" content to their customers (by Hasbro, with Animated).
    If this is true, or happens eventually anyway, we might actually see longer Transformers series if they prove popular (like Animated), as the natural progression of the show will dictate its end, rather than the Networks, Retailers, or Hasbro launching its own cable TV channel (the HUB, which killed off Animated early).

A lot of media outlets are going digital and it's rumored that Netflix will loose some of it's shows like Arrow and The Flash because Warners is looking at setting up streaming services

I am just expecting some RiD shorts similar to the Cyclone ones released a while ago from this new digital platform.
    but remembering that "Season4" tweet, you've now got my hopes up.
    I am really enjoying RiD and don't want to see it end on a shortened second season.
    so I really hope this is true and we'll be getting a continuation in some form.

Looks like there are more episodes for RID if this mirrored tweet is anything to go on. There is voice recording currently occurring, which is either season 3 or 4... and one of the people in the attached photo is said to be Frank Welker.

Next weekend is SDCC, so hopefully we get some sort of announcement or confirmation of more RID episodes.

Ian James Cortlett (the voice of Cheetor in Beast Wars) has just mentioned at TFCon that he's voiced a role on RID.