Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Takara Tomy to Celebrate 20th Anniversary of Beast Wars in 2016

I'd be happy for them to do an Encore line so I could get a good priced and stable TM Megatron, but...

When I saw that tweet and the particular character chosen, I simply thought of the upcoming BotCon toy. The Beast Wars toy even looks like he has wheel's on his back, I had to look twice. There's a new head scuplt already in the works so maybe Takara Tomy Mall will have another box set combiner inspired by the BotCon toys?

If they do an encore type celebration release, thatll be great, just hope they incorporate some extras with the figures... say e.g. a rubber ducky for Megs... although iI wouldnt mind a more modern version release of each show figures only.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I can feel myself having to put in a lot of overtime this year

Quote Originally Posted by nsm034 View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing

@ Paulbot: A new Ravage toy is certainly a possibility, but it won't have anything to do with BotCon.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_K View Post
    I hope there's a reissue of that figure coming!
    The X-9 Ravage is nice, but it's woefully inaccurate! If they revisit him, I hope they try to make him transform into his cassette mode, rather than him be the remold of TM2 Cheetor as he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by nsm034 View Post
    As much as I love this news, I know it's gonna be costly, because when it comes to Beast Wars (proper), it's a must buy!

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    The X-9 Ravage is nice, but it's woefully inaccurate! If they revisit him, I hope they try to make him transform into his cassette mode, rather than him be the remold of TM2 Cheetor as he is now.
    But a cassette is soooooooo boring. I can't see the appeal in an alt mode that is just a flat box that a large percentage of the young population today have never seen in real life.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    The X-9 Ravage is nice, but it's woefully inaccurate! If they revisit him, I hope they try to make him transform into his cassette mode, rather than him be the remold of TM2 Cheetor as he is now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    But a cassette is soooooooo boring. I can't see the appeal in an alt mode that is just a flat box that a large percentage of the young population today have never seen in real life.
    Make it a triple changer - makes everyone happy

This is awesome news! I can't wait to see what Takara has in store for BW this year.

There are some BW figures I wouldn't mind getting as reissues, they would work good as Generations stand-ins.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    But this celebration is aimed at people who watched Beast Wars, and unless they missed out on The Agenda episodes, they know that Ravage is still a cassette!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b-sQuznwMo

Plus after 20 years, you'd think they'd try to make Ravage resemble both his modes, not half-ass it and just do a mere re-release.