Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The "talk me out of it" thread

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Take the +/- $100 you'd have to fork out for it & put it on a shelf
    Now, look at the $100.
    Keep looking at it.
    Think about what else you can buy for your family, friends & charity with it & put a smile on their faces.
    Remember, it's just a lump of white plastic & pins.
    If you still decide to go ahead & buy Ratchet, you are an evil, evil man.
    I...NEED...MORE...CONVINCING.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Take the +/- $100 you'd have to fork out for it & put it on a shelf
    Now, look at the $100.
    Keep looking at it.
    Think about what else you can buy for your family, friends & charity with it & put a smile on their faces.
    Remember, it's just a lump of white plastic & pins.
    If you still decide to go ahead & buy Ratchet, you are an evil, evil man.
    I agree. Just think about how many starving orphans that toy could feed, if they could eat plastic and metal.
    You should buy a whole bunch of macaroni and that children's paste/glue stuff that doesn't actually stick anything but isn't totally poisonous if you eat it, and start making Transformers out of that.
    Won't somebody think of the children?!
    Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    I'll start. This is high on most people's list but someone please talk me out of MP Ratchet! I've got Ironhide so I know about diaper crotch, tyre butt and not too phased about hip flaps but I need to know more about Ratchet. I'm hearing paint chips, something about shoulders. Great I'm climbing off that fence but every time I see more pics I start the ascent on that pointy picket fence once again...
    I'll give it a try...
    G1 Ratchet's a pussy. Get an Animated Ratchet or a TF Prime Ratchet instead - those guys were pretty hardcore.

Save your money and wait for a second run where they possibly fix the QC issues -- while not a guarantee, it'll delay you from spending now.

Make yourself a deal: you'll only get MP Ratchet when HasTakTom release Masterpiece First Aid and Ambulon to keep him company.

Logic dictates...

*By "use" I mean that you will actually use the toy on a regular basis, whether that use is for play or display (or both ). IMHO relegating a toy into storage doesn't count as "use."

Thanks gents. Off the fence on Ratchet. My PW from HLJ has been shipped with no medic on board.

So does anyone else need a reality check TF style?

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Thanks gents. Off the fence on Ratchet. My PW from HLJ has been shipped with no medic on board.

So does anyone else need a reality check TF style?
    I went through this back in 2004 when I realise that I was buying a lot of stuff that I didn't really want (heaps of repaints). I didn't start doing regular online shopping until 2013, so by then I was already fairly disciplined into just sticking to stuff that I actually want.