Thread: Hasbro Masterpiece Bumblebee confirmed & out in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    So they didn't change the colour?
    From what I've read, nope.

Please don't start this whole colour thing again... its been done to death

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So they didn't change the colour?
    no. In short most Hasbro MPs release have very little or no change to TT versions unlike in the past. If you were hoping for the lemon yellow like me, I say it will be the "+" verison from TT if it happens. With that, I stop here as no point debating over license colour etc... unless someone shows an offical statement from Hasbro or TT, its been discussed to death.

Hasbro has a tendency to mistransform their toys, just like Hasbro Starscream where the wings did not tab in.

Still hoping on MP Skywarp as the norm trend was a seeker decepticon but who knows, it may not happen. Or even if it does, scalping will occur at high rate.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Still hoping on MP Skywarp as the norm trend was a seeker decepticon but who knows, it may not happen. Or even if it does, scalping will occur at high rate.
    Given the lack of fanfare / buzz from Hasbro about Bee's release, I'm not hopeful of a Skywarp anytime soon.

Tokyo Toy Show was my best hope for a Skywarp announcement, so I feel 2016 is done and dusted for Skywarp. Here's hoping for 2017. I am happy to be proven wrong though.

no. In short most Hasbro MPs release have very little or no change to TT versions unlike in the past. If you were hoping for the lemon yellow like me, I say it will be the "+" verison from TT if it happens. With that, I stop here as no point debating over license colour etc... unless someone shows an offical statement from Hasbro or TT, its been discussed to death.

Hasbro has a tendency to mistransform their toys, just like Hasbro Starscream where the wings did not tab in.

+ version it is, then... Not that fussed either way, just curious that the Hasbro MP-10 has the more cartoon accurate colours, but they wouldn't do the same for Bumblebee. So MP-10 was obviously not an officially licensed Peterbilt? (that is what he's based on, right?)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

+ version it is, then... Not that fussed either way, just curious that the Hasbro MP-10 has the more cartoon accurate colours, but they wouldn't do the same for Bumblebee. So MP-10 was obviously not an officially licensed Peterbilt? (that is what he's based on, right?)
    Mp-10 Hasbro was not the new Mp BOX line, hence that was before.
    Anything like the new Hasbro MP Prowl, bluestreak are as almost as identical to TT. I know sadly that was not what most of us wish, but it seems to be that direction now.

Its kind of hard to understand the fan base in honestly, As people on one hand scream for screen accuracy while TT MP-10 is ignored. I seriously dont understand it and I gave up on trying to understanding it. Is better to just buy it if you like it than reading up and deciding whether you want to wait for the "prefect" one you are after.

Mp-10 Hasbro was not the new Mp BOX line, hence that was before.
    Anything like the new Hasbro MP Prowl, bluestreak are as almost as identical to TT. I know sadly that was not what most of us wish, but it seems to be that direction now.

Its kind of hard to understand the fan base in honestly, As people on one hand scream for screen accuracy while TT MP-10 is ignored. I seriously dont understand it and I gave up on trying to understanding it. Is better to just buy it if you like it than reading up and deciding whether you want to wait for the "prefect" one you are after.
    I bought both... lol

<RANT>
    G1 Optimus is NOT a Peterbilt! *mutters about movies corrupting the knowledge of the fanbase and winks mischeviously*

As far as I'm aware he's "kind of" a Freightliner but there was no licensing needed for the original. Anyone know why G1 OP wasn't ever licensed? Or was he non-standard enough he didn't come under any company's official design specs?
    </RANT>

I don't understand why anyone would want a Hasbro MP Bumblebee if he is identical to the TT one. After all, genuine collectors would already have the TT version which, for a start, has a MUCH nicer box.
    And at that price you can still buy the TT one here for cheaper... kinda crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Given the lack of fanfare / buzz from Hasbro about Bee's release, I'm not hopeful of a Skywarp anytime soon.

Tokyo Toy Show was my best hope for a Skywarp announcement, so I feel 2016 is done and dusted for Skywarp. Here's hoping for 2017. I am happy to be proven wrong though.
    Tokyo Toy show only do MP Cars exclusives. But i will be very happy to be proven wrong next year

Oh? What about Thrust?