Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 81823242526272829303132333848 ... LastLast

Thread: The Little Toy Company feedback

Regardless of the background setup, it is an online business that charges GST and offers a service that customers pay for (it's not a charity service)... thus, whilst it's nice to be given some insight to how they run the business (or whatever label we wish to replace the "business" word with), they need to communicate delays to their customer base.

You can't blame Australian online shoppers for being jittery with poor communication when there's a track record of failed and dodgy online businesses in recent times... TFI Down Under, PC, MaynStream Merch... payment taken, products delivered for some and not all.

Understandably for those who have met the seller and have received their products, you will vouch for and support them... it's the right thing to do.

But it appears that there's another group waiting in the background and they're starting to get nervous.
    They've every right to voice out their concerns IMHO.

With the growth of any business, there's a need to invest in added resources to manage the growth... otherwise, quality of service suffers as we've seen in quite a few examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    I want to point my 2 cents in here because I'm getting really annoyed by how this thread is going...

TLTC is NOT a shop. TLTC is NOT an online business.

Wait, what did he say??...

As a Melbournite, I'm one of those that has gone and picked up orders. It's not a shop sitting in a center doing heaps of business. It's not a massive online ordering centre like Amazon churning out deliveries.

It (i may be wrong from here... but may be right) is a guys side business that he processes deliveries in and out when he gets the stock, and when he can. What makes me think this? Well in the old days didn't we pickup from his wife at her workplace? And my last pickup had to be arranged after school pickup time, and his kid was in the car as he pulled up. He goes in, tells me he is there now, and brings out my stuff.

TLTC is exactly that... a Little Toy Company. The guy sources from Hasbro Asia, waits for the container to ship by sea, and delivers once they arrive. There isn't a heap of employees dealing with the deliveries, and there isn't a guy sitting there all day doing nothing.

So the guys at work, not reading TLTC emails or FB, but after work and after he gets to TLTC or home or wherever, FB queries are answered pretty quick and another heap of stuff gets boxed up and shipped out.

So please guys, I know the answers are sometimes short and slow, or updates aren't when we want them to be, but this guy hasn't gone bad, and many of you are just hurting from past experience with other sites.

So do your research, understand what the business actually is, and have faith. It's only when TLTC has faith that we want what we have ordered, and we stick it out that this works. If everyone panics and demands refunds, he's out of pocket on the refund and stuck with excess stock to move coz it was in transit and already paid to the supplier.
    Except that it IS an online store and business...? I added the item to cart. I paid for it. Nothing about this website says otherwise. Especially for someone like me who doesn’t spend a lot of time searching forums (until something goes wrong) and just wants to find competitive prices. That’s business. I’m not saying my experience is bad (yet) but like most comments here I have been burned bad in the past and don’t want a repeat and have every right to be concerned. And honestly, I don’t buy ANYTHING from a store because I want to support the business. It’s not charity, it’s commerce. I buy it because I want a product. I’ll pay more if the service is good. And most people would prefer to spend more for good service then less for no service. I buy my comic books from the highest priced store in Melbourne but I am guaranteed good service and I love the people there. If every week I was told “sorry your standing order is inexplicably delayed and we won’t tell you why” You’re damn right is get mad and go somewhere else. I wouldn’t say “aw gee sorry your business isn’t up and running properly but look here’s my money anyway and I don’t care when my stuff arrives”.

I don't really have a horse in this race. I have purchased from this dude a million times on eBay and been incredibly happy with the prices and every aspect of the service. I recently placed my first order directly through the website (Throne of Primes) and I hope it ships reasonably soon but I can wait a bit before getting crabby.

However.

TLTC is absolutely both of those things. Maybe that online business is a shop that's being run by one guy out of the back of his car, but that doesn't change the fact that he is running a business that sells things to people.

Knowing more about how that business is run can certainly be useful information. But "he doesn't have a team of staff and rent space in a mall" doesn't negate "he's purporting to provide a service for which he needs to be accountable".

And again, personally I have had only positive experiences with this seller. But The Little Toy Company IS a shop and IS and online business.

Just got my Wave 3 Terrorcons from TLTC. Abominus is now complete.

First time I’ve made a purchase from TLTC in a few years (last time was before they had an official website and did pre-orders etc).

Bought three in stock items (SS Megs, Jazz and Brawl) and were all received within a week in top condition.
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

I just picked up my TLTC haul of in-stock Hasbro SW stuff from the post office this morning. They took the better part of a week to dispatch the order but were very responsive when I got in touch on FB messenger to let them know I needed one of the items for a 40th birthday gift before the 15th.

I suspect they have a large backlog of orders and re-prioritise shipping based on communication from buyers.

Everything was well packed and the price was great so I’d go back for in-stock stuff.

Is there any live way to check on order status for TLTC other than Facebook? I don’t see anything on the website. Obviously there’s an email option.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Is there any live way to check on order status for TLTC other than Facebook? I don’t see anything on the website. Obviously there’s an email option.
    I wasn't getting anywhere on Facebook so I sent an email and they replied to that. Facebook and email are the only ways other than logging in and checking the status, but it's not like that updates until your order ships.

I want to point my 2 cents in here because I'm getting really annoyed by how this thread is going...

Wait, what did he say??...

As a Melbournite, I'm one of those that has gone and picked up orders. It's not a shop sitting in a center doing heaps of business. It's not a massive online ordering centre like Amazon churning out deliveries.

It (i may be wrong from here... but may be right) is a guys side business that he processes deliveries in and out when he gets the stock, and when he can. What makes me think this? Well in the old days didn't we pickup from his wife at her workplace? And my last pickup had to be arranged after school pickup time, and his kid was in the car as he pulled up. He goes in, tells me he is there now, and brings out my stuff.

TLTC is exactly that... a Little Toy Company. The guy sources from Hasbro Asia, waits for the container to ship by sea, and delivers once they arrive. There isn't a heap of employees dealing with the deliveries, and there isn't a guy sitting there all day doing nothing.

So the guys at work, not reading TLTC emails or FB, but after work and after he gets to TLTC or home or wherever, FB queries are answered pretty quick and another heap of stuff gets boxed up and shipped out.

So please guys, I know the answers are sometimes short and slow, or updates aren't when we want them to be, but this guy hasn't gone bad, and many of you are just hurting from past experience with other sites.

So do your research, understand what the business actually is, and have faith. It's only when TLTC has faith that we want what we have ordered, and we stick it out that this works. If everyone panics and demands refunds, he's out of pocket on the refund and stuck with excess stock to move coz it was in transit and already paid to the supplier.
    LOL
    are you serious??
    whether or not TLTC is run by someone who does this as a hobby on the side after he picks up the kids from school doesn't change the fact that as a registered business charging money for products and services TLTC has an obligation to customers.
    it isn't up to me to have "faith" that when I buy something on a website I am actually going to get what I paid for!!
    if there are problems with sea containers or warehouses or delays or family illness or whatever then COMMUNICATE that to the customer instead of saying nothing.
    if too many people are having questions or unsure about what is happening then the people running TLTC need to look at getting some kind of part or full time employees so they can inform customers of what is happening. if that is too hard or expensive then maybe they shouldn't be running a business?

Bought the W3 Terracons when they were in stock and they were posted the next day, certainly recommend these guys for in stock stuff but pre-orders I understand hesitance (I'm still not game tbh)