Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has the Masterpiece line come to an end?

Megatran Guest

Question Has the Masterpiece line come to an end?

With Megatron (v2.0) just released this month & confirmed future releases of Artfire (in May), Dirge (May), Optimus Primal (June); there does not appear to be any more confirmed releases beyond June*. So, has the Masterpiece line taken a hiatus or done the unthinkable by coming to an end? Meaning no Jazz, no Hound, no Astrotrain, no Blitzwing to name a few.

* Beast Wars Dinobot is not confirmed???

Has the Masterpiece line come to an end? No.

This is a clickbait topic

I just figured that Takara was putting most of their resources into the movie line at the moment again. It's always slow for the non-movie lines during a new movie year.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Has the Masterpiece line come to an end? No.

This is a clickbait topic
    Believed by people with short memory spans.

Oh yeah, the line totally looks like it's in dire straits now.

And that only includes (I assume) the main numbered releases. The last 2 years have had 11 MP releases, and already 7 planned this year.

The only thing there might be is a gap/break for a few months because of the movie prioritisation, and the next release could be announced for release in like sept/oct.

Plus they have a new movie MP bee that will release sometime post movie I assume.
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yes for me.

In fact it ended long ago when the materials are poor form, paint apps not to standard. I know this is going to wind up with old topics but I think I am quite done with exception of either an official hound, jazz or mirage this is it.

i have avoided 3p in the past but they have done enough to over take where tt has lacked. It was fun but also very painful to collect masterpiece line.

I can see now beastwars are their focus so pretty much g1 has taken a halt.

There may be a combiner mp as they are out of wow mp. But these days tt are just picking and perfecting what 3p has attempted.

With speculation I think god ginrai will be a mp. That would wake me up and have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    With Megatron (v2.0) just released this month & confirmed future releases of Artfire (in May), Dirge (May), Optimus Primal (June); there does not appear to be any more confirmed releases beyond June*. So, has the Masterpiece line taken a hiatus or done the unthinkable by coming to an end? Meaning no Jazz, no Hound, no Astrotrain, no Blitzwing to name a few.

* Beast Wars Dinobot is not confirmed???
    Not sure if serious or trolling
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

If they keep coming out with crap like Megatron (awful design and look) and Beast Wars, the MP line will definately be coming to an end in my collection.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Not sure if serious or trolling
    Lol of course masterpiece won't end, pretty sure this was more like a what's next? Question

There are so many that no need license etc. insecticons are long way over due.

It really depends on how wide your love is for Transformers. There are those who recognise and love literally EVERYTHING about Transformers, including G1, the variants, diaclone history, Beast Wars, Japanese series etc. To them, Masterpiece must be a joygasmic time right now.

But for me personally as someone who grew up strictly on the G1 US cartoon and is only interested in G1, then yeah, Masterpiece certainly has taken a dip in what is being offered and therefore the line has less appeal than in previous times.