Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What TF's have you gotten from TRU over the years?

Lots

Tbh, I can't remember most. Maybe MP Thundercracker, MP Hot Rod. Bunch of classics and Universe too. Though I do remember a disappointing moment when Universe Acidstorm came out, there was heaps of all those waves and class figures I wanted, so went to laybuy them and was told they don't do laybuy, so I just had to leave them in the trolley and leave. Was a sad day for me.

I do have a few photos of my wife and I with Optimus and Bumblebee at the Penrith store, as well as a truck painted up like Optimus, for one of the movie events

Too many to specifically remember.

Recently, Studio Series Grimlock, Crowbar, and Ratchet.

Titans Return Sixshot about a year ago.

I have a strong memory of getting the Hasbro release of MP Rodimus there 7 years ago.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I do remember buying Takara Arcee when they had piles of them. And a couple of the G2 CW sets

MP-10
    Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave
    Hasbro Masterpiece Hot Rod
    Hasbro Mastwrpiece Thundercracker
    Titans Return Battletrap
    Commemorative Series Ultra Magnus
    Commemorative Series Hot Rod
    Titans Return Trypticon

And various Combiner Wars, generations, alternators, Armada and Cybertron figures.

Heaps of Lego too.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Most recent purchases

AU TRU
    Hasbro MP Rodimus, MP Prime, MP Soundwave, MP Ghost SS, MP AcidStorm, MP Thundercracker, Reissue G1 Trypticon, MP Sunstorm, Hasbro MP Grimlock, combiner wars smokescreen, wheeljack, hound, TR Blaster, TR Trypticon and some generations

US TRU
    Hasbro MP Grimlock, Generations

Probably a lot more that I don't remember. Anytime we have a price match (when I used to) and or TRU sale.

I came to OZ the time Hasbro MP Soundwave was released, but obviously never got one. So excited to see Hasbro MP Grimlock on shelf first time, bought it immediately. Followed up with MP Sunstorm online. My last purchase was PotP Leaders Optimus Prime and Rodimus during one of the 20% off sale.

Several MPs - Hasbro Grimlock and Rodimus, and one of my best TF buying memories, MP Soundwave - in the flurry of excitement when he was released, I got 2 of the last few in store (my local TRU sold out in an afternoon), one for me and one for another member here who lived in a rural area.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Other than RID2015 Megatronus (for my son) from AU TRU I've bought many a figure from HK Toys'R'Us which, while expensive by local standards, sometimes have some great deals or freebies with figures or run Hasbro Transformer events which might be why it and the Asian sector of the franchise remain so robust.
    The other good thing about the HK Toys'R'Us is they generally get their stock in a week or month after the figure is released so you're more likely to find that one figure that sold out the day of release suddenly pop up on their shelves.

For a lot of people who don't know about the smaller local HK toy dealers, or don't want to think about where to source toys, or those too scared to go to the "dark side" of HK (yes people there really are those who live in HK who don't go to Kowloon unless in transit to the airport) Toys'R'Us is the only major toy store chain in HK to source things from and they don't have department stores (a la Target, K-Mart, Big W, The Warehouse) to contend with so they remain both popular and successful.

My first Official collectible figure - Year of the Horse Optimus Prime came from HK Toys'R'Us so I do have a bit of a sentimental spot for them.

I've also got a number of collectable figures from them over the years - Battle damaged The Last Knight Optimus, Barricade and Bumblebee, The black box Slug from AOE, pewter Optimus Prime mini statues, numerous RID2015 figures (and freebies like crayons and folders) for my son as they'd often run discounts, 2 for 1 sales, etc on them, Hasbro MP Grimlock, Combiner Hunters boxed set, Seige on Cybertron boxed set...

Ah - good times.
    Prior to becoming a Transformers collector, while living in Sydney before our time in HK, Chatswood Toys'R'Us got a lot of visits from us when our oldest was a baby/toddler because my husband finally had an excuse to buy toys and her first Optimus Prime came from there when the 2007 movie came out.

MP's Wheeljack, Sunstorm, Acidstorm, Starscream, Grimlock, Bumblebee, Rodimus x 2, Optimus, Soundwave x 2. That's what I can immediately think of, also have bought a large trampoline, tonnes of Lego and a lot of girls toys.

Yes their prices stink most of the time, but to get all those TF's in hand was a lot more fun than maybe getting them on a pre-order.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Several MPs - Hasbro Grimlock and Rodimus, and one of my best TF buying memories, MP Soundwave - in the flurry of excitement when he was released, I got 2 of the last few in store (my local TRU sold out in an afternoon), one for me and one for another member here who lived in a rural area.
    I too bought two Hasbro Soundwaves. Not for anyone in particular but with the intent of helping out a fellow board member. I ended up returning it a few weeks later because no one local wanted it and the 3 people that expressed an interest in me posting it to them were trying to get me to give them a discount because of the added cost of postage
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain