Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classics Optimus Prime vs Megatron Boxset

Default Classics Optimus Prime vs Megatron Boxset

Anybody know if we can get these chaps locally? Melbourne specifically; there was one on eBay a few weeks back that was in Richmond I believe but at the time I decided not to buy it. Now unfortunately there aren't any on eBay coming from Australia and I don't particularly feel like importing it over from the US. I want to get the set mainly for Prime since he's closer to his G1 appearance than the other Classic version, then I'll be buying a Takara Megs to go with him. But anywho, does anybody know of somewhere that might stock these puppies? I'm hoping Myer because I know they used to have a fairly large Classics selection... at least, the one I went to did. Although granted that was months ago.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

there was one on eBay a few weeks back that was in Richmond I believe but at the time I decided not to buy it.
    That was probably mine. I do have one other but am not selling at the moment. Maybe in the future.

I think you would be hell lucky to find these anywhere at shop level now especially after Christmas.

As a suggestion I think if you be a Melbourne boy you should list your wants in the Melbourne Missionaries thread and we can all keep an eye out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post

As a suggestion I think if you be a Melbourne boy you should list your wants in the Melbourne Missionaries thread and we can all keep an eye out for you.
    agreed

According to many, the Ultimate Battle bundle you refer to really isn't part of the Classics series. Also, the reviews of these two figures are typically quite poor. You sure you want 'em?

Sorry for digressing. I have never seen these in shops.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Also, the reviews of these two figures are typically quite poor. You sure you want 'em?

Too pricey?
    Hmm... I really only want Prime since he's more G1 accurate in this incarnation than his other classics version. Plus the other Prime's alt mode is HIDEOUS. But poor how exactly? Are they flimsy?

Here are the reviews I've read:

http://cliffbee.com/reviews/classicsprime.php
    http://cliffbee.com/reviews/classicsmegatron.php

Did you see that auction I linked to?

The toys aren't great IMO. In robot mode Prime is good but the vehicle's sucky and Megatron has a few problems.

Target stocked them but in the postmovie rush on Transformers any that might have remained were swept away. The Optimus Prime figure was rereleased in movie packaging in a special double pack with Cyber Slammer Movie Prime. That was also sold at Targets but I haven't seen one in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The toys aren't great IMO. In robot mode Prime is good but the vehicle's sucky and Megatron has a few problems.
    I agree. They're middling in range and Megatron's problems leave him below par. Prime has a great robot mode. I really dig it for it's size. However, his alt mode is disappointing. Check out seibertron.com's galleries for yourself.

Megatron could be a good figure but too many parts fall off for it to be worthwhile

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Did you see that auction I linked to?
    Yeah I did. Bit too pricey I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    So I saw from seibertron's image gallery... This puts me in a difficult position. Maybe I should just skimp on the Classics altogther, they never really struck me as top quality anyway. I was just hoping to get something to go with Takara's Megatron redeco, if I decide to get him at all that is.