Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do we want to see from a retailer?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    eBay, stolen goods, and the back dock of the stores his mates work at.
    As drifand said, don't look to PC for any kind of example, if anything you want to distance yourself as far as possible from even having him mentioned in your threads.
    In saying that it might not be a bad idea to look at what other AU based TF stores are doing to get some ideas. Some are listed HERE (clicky) however that list is incomplete and hasnt been updated in a while. Just as we've said, probably avoid using PC as any kind of example.

Do some research on different options like taobao, Hasbro Asia, and whatever other wholesalers you can find that can reliably source you stock.
    Reliability is key, dont sacrifice service, quality or reliability for cost, because while certain stores might look cheaper they are also the ones that never deliver or communicate and force customers to have to do bank chargebacks and paypal claims.
    Thanks. Definitely didn't mean I'm looking at PC as an example, I was just referring to their prices. I'm exploring lots of different options in terms of suppliers. Low prices is second on my priority list, customer service is definitely at the top

Have a look at the Facebook pages of stores like Little Robot and Oh My Primus . They are regularly updating customers with proof that they are getting stock in.

Its important for me that stores are open in how customers provide feedback. Any store which doesn't have a customer review option, or continually shuts down commenting, makes me question what they have to hide.

I also want to see a professional looking store page. If your website is hard to navigate, has spelling/grammatic errors or generally looks like a half-arse job, then I assume you are a not genuine in providing the best service to the customer.

As you probably guessed I (we) are not sucked in by cheap under-pricing. I will happily pay at a price similar, even a little dearer, to the overseas stores if it means buying local, receiving the item in a timely manner and the service is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Have a look at the Facebook pages of stores like Little Robot and Oh My Primus . They are regularly updating customers with proof that they are getting stock in.

Its important for me that stores are open in how customers provide feedback. Any store which doesn't have a customer review option, or continually shuts down commenting, makes me question what they have to hide.

I also want to see a professional looking store page. If your website is hard to navigate, has spelling/grammatic errors or generally looks like a half-arse job, then I assume you are a not genuine in providing the best service to the customer.

As you probably guessed I (we) are not sucked in by cheap under-pricing. I will happily pay at a price similar, even a little dearer, to the overseas stores if it means buying local, receiving the item in a timely manner and the service is good.
    I'm quite picky with the finer details so I will be sure to make the site as easy to navigate as possible and look pretty.
    I won't always be able to offer the absolute lowest prices but I am hoping that I can provide customer service and reliability that could make up for it.

I appreciate all of the feedback I have been getting here, I'd like to get some feedback on the site before it launches, its currently password protected so if you would like to check it out and offer some constructive criticism that would be most welcomed. I'll provide the password to those interested.
    I really want this site to succeed, I don't just want to take peoples money I want to get more involved in this community so I would love for members to give their thoughts before we launch the site.

I know it seems minor but like Ralph mentioned sites that have loads of spelling/grammatical errors reeks of incompetence. If you are not great at that stuff have someone proof read it as sites that don't bother with proper English skills make me question their ability in all other areas.
    Also I know it has been mentioned already but aim to be the Aussie TF store with the BEST customer service rather than the cheapest prices. We are all used to paying (relatively) ridiculous prices for our "toys" so a few dollars here and there means nothing to a lot of us if the service is exceptional. Aim for exceptional, not just good.
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    I know it seems minor but like Ralph mentioned sites that have loads of spelling/grammatical errors reeks of incompetence. If you are not great at that stuff have someone proof read it as sites that don't bother with proper English skills make me question their ability in all other areas.
    Also I know it has been mentioned already but aim to be the Aussie TF store with the BEST customer service rather than the cheapest prices. We are all used to paying (relatively) ridiculous prices for our "toys" so a few dollars here and there means nothing to a lot of us if the service is exceptional. Aim for exceptional, not just good.
    Thanks for the input, its actually quite interesting to me that people value customer service so much. I completely understand why and its kinda scary to think that people have had bad enough experiences that make them want to spend more money to make sure they are protected.
    The main focus for us will be making sure our customer service is the best it can possibly be. I really want people to enjoy shopping with us and to return.

we all say that, but keep in mind if there are 3 shops all with good customer service, and one is 5%-10% cheaper we'll shop there every time.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Very true, while customer service should be your number one focus low prices shouldnt be ignored.
    If for example an item in your store is the same price as Target I'm more likely to go get it from Target purely because A. I can have it in my hands today B. No excess costs like postage C. I can return it if I change my mind.
    It's a balance that you need to look at getting just right, both for the customers and for yourself (because you dont want to put yourself out of pocket either).
    So will we pay more then PC and dodgy ebay sellers charge for things? Yep. Will we pay a lot above what other stores charge just for good customer service? Not as likely.
    It all comes down to personal preference (as well as income) at the end of the day. I know that there are people that refuse to shop anywhere but Myer or Toys R Us even though things are cheaper everywhere else, purely because of their preference, so I wont say that low prices are important to everyone, just that it's something that is worth looking at

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    we all say that, but keep in mind if there are 3 shops all with good customer service, and one is 5%-10% cheaper we'll shop there every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Very true, while customer service should be your number one focus low prices shouldnt be ignored.
    If for example an item in your store is the same price as Target I'm more likely to go get it from Target purely because A. I can have it in my hands today B. No excess costs like postage C. I can return it if I change my mind.
    It's a balance that you need to look at getting just right, both for the customers and for yourself (because you dont want to put yourself out of pocket either).
    So will we pay more then PC and dodgy ebay sellers charge for things? Yep. Will we pay a lot above what other stores charge just for good customer service? Not as likely.
    It all comes down to personal preference (as well as income) at the end of the day. I know that there are people that refuse to shop anywhere but Myer or Toys R Us even though things are cheaper everywhere else, purely because of their preference, so I wont say that low prices are important to everyone, just that it's something that is worth looking at
    Obviously I wont be charging more then retail, the goal is to be the best option for collectible items.

Hi guys, its looking like the website will be ready to go tomorrow night, maybe Saturday depending on how things go. I need to finalise shipping details but other then that its right to go. Very excited to see how this turns out and I'm hoping collectors enjoy shopping with us.