Page 371 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 351361366367368369370371372373374375376381391 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    They're unofficial, but awesome.
    I agree
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

In Transformers: The Movie (1986) Why do the Quintessons proclaim innocence in their trials then execute? What happens if someones found guilty? Does the Death head of the Quintesson judge factor into it?

According to the Ladybird Book adaptation of Transformers The Movie, in a Quintesson court whether a defendent is found guilty or innocent the sentence is always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    According to the Ladybird Book adaptation of Transformers The Movie, in a Quintesson court whether a defendent is found guilty or innocent the sentence is always the same.
    This was the impression I was under, despite not having read the book myself...

Throughout the years, and the cartoon Vs Comic, there were a number of reasons given... I remember one in their official bio (by Bob Budiansky - who wrote all the original bios) that they worked for Unicron, cleaning up any stragglers that he didn't destroy. As such everyone was guilty... but I think the usage of the term Innocent was just their way of teasing (or the Movie writer just thought it sounded funny).

The cartoon universe tried to look into it differently (in Five Faces of Darkness) but didn't say much beyond that they were guilty of being Transformers (which doesn't explain other races). It was explained that they were the original inhabitants of Cybertron, so wanted to get rid of the Transformers from 'their' planet - which doesn't explain why they would be wasting time committing individuals from all planets to a trial with the same outcome (unless they are just sadistic and bored after 4+ million years of exile).
    The comic was a lot different because of the whole 'Cybertron is Primus' theme. It didn't explain why they did the whole trial thing on visitors, but targetted Transformers/Cybertron because of a Time-rift (caused by Galvatron) that threatened to destroy their planet.

Non-Marvel printed material may have other concepts or theories, including the 'Wheelie the Wild Boy of Quintesson', but would be considered less canonical than the cartoon and mainstream comics.

Post-1980s... Quintessons have also been used in Collector Club stories, Dreamwave stories, and the Exodus book, but an image of the Quintessons was briefly seen in IDW Wheelie Spotlight as well. But it's like a 2nd or 3rd generation of a family, in which the 'genetic coding' (concepts) has been diluted from the original generation (original concept).

For more on the Quintessons, check out the tfwiki page.
    (I'd stay away from the Wheelie page though... they take the rhyming thing too far - it would have been funny for the intro paragraph, but the entire page is in rhyme, which is impossible to use as a reference/source for credible info)

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    In Transformers: The Movie (1986) Why do the Quintessons proclaim innocence in their trials then execute?
    Those Sharkticons don't feed themselves you know.

I thought it might have had more to do with the face of death announcing the verdict, the words themselves being meaningless.
    Unless...It's opposite day!

I read on TFWiki that Transformers:War for Cybertron occurs in the same universe as Transformers:Prime. Is this true?
    If so I'm going to have to do some rearranging in the near future

urgh, depends on who you believe, they guys who made the game (G1), or Hasbro (Prime). I believe artistic intent trumps hasbro's desire to pimp a new series, so I say G1.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    urgh, depends on who you believe, they guys who made the game (G1), or Hasbro (Prime). I believe artistic intent trumps hasbro's desire to pimp a new series, so I say G1.
    I agree, no matter how the size of shoehorn that Hasbro vainly tries to use in order to join the 2, IMO, they are completely separate continuities.
    Though I know there is a discussion topic about this somewhere, it is clearly evident from both a narrative and a visual standpoint.