Released here – August 2017
    Approximate Retail Price - $25
    Approximate Size - 14cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Headmaster
    Main Colours – Fuschia with white highlights
    Main Accessories – 2 guns, "Aimless" Titan Master

Note: This toy is a redeco of Titans Return Triggerhappy. See Triggerhappy's review thread for comments on the original mould. This review will focus on differences made.

VEHICLE MODE

A really nice and solid vehicle mode with all parts locking into place pretty well. While the toy is predominantly fuschia, there are some white highlights throughout as well as silver and blank paint ops as well as tampographs adding further details in some places. And of course, the original G1 toy is extremely fuschia anyway. It's a huge improvement over TR Blurr who desperately needs more colours to break up all the blue. The fuschia on this toy isn't nearly as monotonous as I thought it would be. The way that the legs form the aft is very G1 accurate and it wouldn't surprise me if Triggerhappy's mould was co-conceived to be Misfire and Slugslinger all along (because G1 Triggerhappy's legs sit on the underbelly of the jet and not at all on the top aft as it does on Misfire and Slugslinger). The head also locks in firmly - no bobble-head here!

ROBOT MODE

The robot mode reveals even more whites as well as red on the chest and black, pale pink and blue from the head (and black hands and feet). This toy significantly improves over one main feature of the G1 toy -- it's lost the backpack! With G1 Misfire, literally half the bloody jet just sits on the back as a HUGE piece of kibble. The inversion of the fore and wings also makes Misfire more G1 show-accurate. Misfire's head is a blend of G1 toy and cartoon homages. The sculpt is clearly based on the cartoon model but the colours are based on the G1 toy. TakaraTOMY's Legends Misfire offers a show-accurate paint job on the head, although apparent less other colours on the body to break up the fuschia (which is show-accurate but I'd rather have a nicer looking colour scheme over slavishly cartoon-accurate blandness - plus the Legends toy is double the cost of its TR counterpart ). I'd personally prefer a more G1 toy (and IDW) accurate head sculpt though, but meh... the G1 cartoon-accurate head is still perfectly fine.

AIMLESS

Holy crap, it has colours! One thing that bugs me with a lot of the Titan Masters is the lack of colour. But TR Aimless has fuschia, white, black, blue and pale-pink! I suppose with less colours needed for the main robot Hasbro were able to reinvest it back onto the Titan Master, which is nice to see. I personally would've preferred to see this figure sculpted to resemble G1 Aimless. It is instead just a miniature Misfire... which is kinda weird. Makes it sort of feel more like a Brainmaster than a Headmaster. But the added colours is a welcome breath of fresh air! If only this were the standard for Titan Masters.

OVERALL
    I'm liking this toy a whole lot more than I was expecting to. Highly recommended.
    Last edited by griffin; 17th August 2017 at 05:50 AM.

Remold rather than redeco I think.

Was very tempted to pick this guy up last night, but I do have the LG version on order.

However the notes on the colour differences and the TM guns have me very tempted to double up...

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Remold rather than redeco I think.
    Yes, it is a significant retool. I've been lazily using "redeco" as a blanket catch-all term for both retools and repaints for so long now.

I bought Misfire and I must say he really is a pretty snazzy little guy. I have to say, I was initially bothered that Deluxes and Voyagers had to remove the head to transform however this does give them more freedom with transformation and alt-modes, which had yielded dividends.

He looks really nice and will make a good companion for Grimlock much like in MtMtE. Now just need to get Krok

Loved Triggerhappy so unsurprised I also love this figure-the amazing thing about TR is despite the fact that all of W5 are remolds to some extent, they all feel fresh and exciting (unlike CW which by comparison was getting a bit tired).

The new alt-mode looks very cool, love the colours and just the right amount of print/paint to keep it interesting. Worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    I have to say, I was initially bothered that Deluxes and Voyagers had to remove the head to transform however this does give them more freedom with transformation and alt-modes, which had yielded dividends.
    I was also concerned about the toy needing to house cockpits, but they've done really well with it. I like how many of the cockpits fold and collapse in robot mode instead of just being immovable blocks like on G1 toys. Even the cockpits on some of the Legends Class figures are capable of folding in - it's really clever and there are a lot of design elements which have a little taste of Masterpiece to it.

Really impressed with this figure, as I have come to expect drops in QC from late-wave releases and retools. Every joint is strong and the paint/tampographs are spot on. Have a minor gripe that the wings are much more aerodynamic than the original G1 version

It's bumped Quake off as my fav TR Deluxe to date.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Really like this figure and its colours.