Thread: Transformers Hall of Fame 2012: Human Inductees Announced!

Default Transformers Hall of Fame 2012: Human Inductees Announced!

Courtesy of TFW2005.com, the 2 human inductees for 2012's Transformers Hall of Fame have been announced; Simon Furman & Chris Latta!

Each year at the the BotCon Transformers Hall of Fame ceremony we are treated to quite the spectacle. Honoring some of our favorite characters with choice video clips and music. It's a fun time for everyone.

There is of course another component to the Hall of Fame ceremony, and that is the induction of real people who have worked on and helped mold the Transformers brand into what it is today. 2010 saw the induction of Peter Cullen, Bob Budiansky, Yoke Hideaki, and Kojin Ohno. In 2011 Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay were inducted for their contributions to the brand thanks to the film franchise. Now this year two more legends have been picked from their work on Transformers to join them as the 2012 class of the Transformers Hall of Fame.

Simon Furman and Chris Latta, two names that all Transformers fans know, will be inducted into the Hall of Fame at this year's BotCon event in Dallas. Chris Latta's family will be on hand to accept the award on his behalf.
    The official Hasbro announcement can be found here.

Woo hoo! About time for Furman. Is Latta's the first posthumous one? (Other than Dinobot? )

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Woo hoo! About time for Furman. Is Latta's the first posthumous one? (Other than Dinobot? )
    Too right, Furman should've been inducted last year IMO but you know... Hollywood.
    I do believe that Chris Latta will be the first; Budiansky is still alive isn't he?

Wow this is sweet news!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Two very worthy additions to the squishie hall of fame.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Another press release by Hasbro about this year's HOF awards, plus the link has a youtube video of Chris Latta that someone found.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Another press release by Hasbro about this year's HOF awards, plus the link has a youtube video of Chris Latta that someone found.
    Hehe, lol, that video after the link was quite hilarious.

I think it'd be neat if one (or both*) of Chris Latta's daughters could accept the posthumous award.

--------------------------------------
    *Wikipedia says he has 3 children - but I'm aware of two of them who have worked on Transformers as voice actresses.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I think it'd be neat if one (or both*) of Chris Latta's daughters could accept the posthumous award.

--------------------------------------
    *Wikipedia says he has 3 children - but I'm aware of two of them who have worked on Transformers as voice actresses.
    The Hasbro announcement states that his Family will be on hand to accept the award on his behalf, so I'd imagine that at least one daughter will be there.
    Pawtucket, R.I. (MARCH 9, 2012) - Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is proud to announce the induction of two legendary figures in the evolution of the iconic TRANSFORMERS franchise-comic book writer Simon Furman, and legendary voice actor Chris Latta-into the TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame. Furman has written TRANSFORMERS comics on and off for almost 30 years, and has written more TRANSFORMERS comic books than anyone else. Chris Latta voiced ten Transformers characters in the early animated series, including STARSCREAM and WHEELJACK. Unfortunately, he passed away in 1994, however his posthumous award will be accepted by his family at the TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame ceremony, April 28, 2012, during BOTCON, the Official TRANSFORMERS Convention, in Dallas, Texas.