Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frenzy Rumble's ULTIMATE Optimus Prime for sale on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    but if you cant accept this theory (or others), then maybe you can come up with a reason why the 0 feedback bidder has been removed from the bidding history? like i said before, if it was a legit bid by a legit person - then there was no need for either the seller or buyer to remove that bid as it was beaten anyway.
    I'll give you 3:

1. It truly is a newbie member of eBay, and FR is removing their bids because he has bad experience with such newbies. Jin has specifically stated in previous auctions that this is exactly what he does.

2. It is the shill account of a genuinely interested buyer curious to see how high he has to bid to beat the currently winning bidder.

3. It is someone with a grudge wreaking havoc.

If he is being nefarious, that sucks, and if there is proof (real proof, not "internet" proof), he should be called out on it, but without real proof, I think it's wholly inappropriate to tarnish his name and reputation.

I think I'm missing the point, how can you remove a bid? there are very specific rules as far as I can tell for cancelling your bid. they are strict and tightly adhered to. I can't see how he could justify to eBay more than a couple times a year why he might need to cancel a bid.
    also, if a bid is cancelled, the auction can revert back to the value before that bid if only one other person has bid on it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Never new that he shill bids to get more money
    I will give him credit his work can be absolutely amazing, but still can't understand why people will spend thousands buying them? I remember seeing one of his custom sell for $2+ thousand on ebay then months later the guy sold it for less the $1,000. so if you want one of his customs wait till someone else sell one on ebay.
    Also remember his war within Grimlock, which he sold for a few thousand and since then has made at least 3 more over on TFW

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    *snip*
    2. It is the shill account of a genuinely interested buyer curious to see how high he has to bid to beat the currently winning bidder.

*snip*

If he is being nefarious, that sucks, and if there is proof (real proof, not "internet" proof), he should be called out on it, but without real proof, I think it's wholly inappropriate to tarnish his name and reputation.
    Point 2 is just wrong despite the benign way you phrased it. "Curious to see how high he has to bid..."....

At the end of the day, people believe what they want to believe. Real proof is difficult to come by if not impossible - it'd take FR to announce/confess that "yes, I shill bidded on my auctions or got my buddies to shill bid". Other than that, "proof" can only ever be obtained by drawing reasonable conclusions from the facts on hand (which I'll talk about more by way of reply to Rampagess quote below).

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I think I'm missing the point, how can you remove a bid? there are very specific rules as far as I can tell for cancelling your bid. they are strict and tightly adhered to. I can't see how he could justify to eBay more than a couple times a year why he might need to cancel a bid.
    also, if a bid is cancelled, the auction can revert back to the value before that bid if only one other person has bid on it.
    Yes, bids can be cancelled very easily by giving one of many pre-set reasons on eBay, and the bidder has little to no recourse.

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    *snip* I remember seeing one of his custom sell for $2+ thousand on ebay then months later the guy sold it for less the $1,000. so if you want one of his customs wait till someone else sell one on ebay.
    *snip*
    This is one of the key reasons that can lead one to conclude that he shill bids his auctions to bump up the value. The situation Rampagess mentioned has happened numerous time over the course of YEARS (just trace his auctions and the subsequent sales and you will see).

In fact, even if the buyer listed the price at slightly lower than his previous winning bid price and uses FR's original photos, the auction just would not sell for that price - because the winning bid price has been artificially pushed up in the original auction.

If its once or twice, you can consider it coincidental, but if it happens time and time again over the course of years, it must have been deliberate.

Also, check out other customisers websites/blogs (not going to mention which). Whenever FR mentions that he's going to list something. Lots of people on those boards will say things like "noted, don't worry, we'll help you out..." or "don't worry, we know what to do".

I also have US friends who knows him personally and have told me so in no uncertain terms (ie: re shill bidding). Sure, it may be hearsay, but I don't think there will be smoke without fire.

On the above basis, and on the basis of what others have said in this thread, I think the reasonable inference is that FR does indeed shill bid on this own auctions or gets other people to shill bid on his behalf to bump up the price - it's even easier now that eBay does not let you see the full name of each bidder.

Jay, in answer to your question, the above is good enough to allow a reasonable conclusion. Even a court of law does not require 100% actual proof (in terms of a confession or being caught red-handed), it just requires enough proof for the judge to draw a reasonable conclusion on the balance of probabilities (ie: 51% or more) that an event has happened/has not happened.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Jay, in answer to your question, the above is good enough to allow a reasonable conclusion. Even a court of law does not require 100% actual proof (in terms of a confession or being caught red-handed), it just requires enough proof for the judge to draw a reasonable conclusion on the balance of probabilities (ie: 51% or more) that an event has happened/has not happened.
    What's required for libel?

What's required for libel?
    I'm sure you can read up on it over at Wikipedia.

I won't say anymore since you are obviously very defensive of FR, or that whatever was said in this thread has touched a raw nerve.

I don't know him from a whole in the ground, but I'm sure many here are well aware of my public disdain for baseless accusations against anyone, especially those without a voice in the discussion.

As to the many comments of folks surprised at what they sell for, or what folks are willing to pay for, or what they're worth, I find that utterly amazing that a room full of toy collectors could possibly have such a perspective. I know a lot of folks that find the whole lot of us utterly demented for spending $30 on a piece of plastic, let along the hundreds, if not the thousands (looking at you HD) some us spend. Yet many of you fail to comprehend the idea that someone, somewhere might not find 3K to be an unreasonable amount for a relatively unique item.

As the highest roller on this board, and a lawyer, you really disappointed me here HD.

P.S. I will refrain from posting links to his stuff in the future, as this was not the desired effect.

P.S. I will refrain from posting links to his stuff in the future, as this was not the desired effect.
    its probably just easier to link to his gallery rather than the ebay sale which sparked this whole thing.

hey guys. Shame that my first post and reason to create and account here is to defend my auctions. I really like this forum, often visit it as well.

To clarify, I do NOT shill bid my auctions. They are always 100% legit. Don't believe 99% of the stuff you read hear-say on the internet, especially from jealous, anonymous haters on 4chan.

As for all my auctions, if you suspect shill bidding; PLEASE report my auction. I meticulously watch all my auctions from the first to last second. Verify and confirm EVERY bid, especially when they get high, like in this Ultimate Prime auction.

the "zero feedback" bidder is in fact legit. He's a regular poster on TFW2005, contacted me several times there and through gmail about bidding on this auction. He provided me with the necessary credentials and info to place his bids. In the end, he was outbid by a repeat/regular client of mine.

That being said, I never shill bid my auctions. I do get excited when they climb high, and it's a blessing which I am thankful for. Please don't try to debunk and take that away from me with rumors.

Also, I want to clarify. I take my auctions, customs and ebay account very seriously. ALL my auctions have and always will have this text on them :

- Auction Rules, Terms and Conditions:
    - I will not accept and bids from bidders with 0 feedback or recent negative feedback ratings. This keeps bidding honest. I monitor all bids, and those with zero or no feedback will be deleted. If you are a new ebay member and really really want to bid, contact me.

Like said in my earlier post, this member contacted me, confirmed he was legit, and such a fan of this custom, created an ebay account with intent to win/bid on this Ultimate Prime.

If you have any doubts how I conduct my auctions please feel free to contact me directly at info@frenzyrumble.com and I can hopefully relieve the misconceptions seen in this thread.

In addition, someone mentioned they see something to the effect of "friends helping out" - please link those instances, because this never happens. All my bids are from my "regular" bidders and serious.