Page 96 of 154 FirstFirst ... 7686919293949596979899100101106116 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    I like the big ufo ship! The alien creature looks cool
    Hehe, cheers man - I did too when I was a kid and this set was on-shelf, it was one I always wanted but was never to be in my grasp... until now that is!

Okey doke, time to get a kick-on with Order #2, comprised of 3 kits, which arrived on Tuesday :

Beginning with this one, it's only partially complete so the search continues ; but this kit is one of the earliest, if not the first, Lego sets I ever received as a child - so this's a heavy nostalgia trip for me.

• System (6662): Backhoe

...in just before the end of the day!

This is one I direly wanted as a kid, the catalogues teased me and seeing him in store would always bring me to despair as he would stare down from the shelf, just out of reach both physically and fiscally.
    On Tuesday he finally fell into my grasp... all the way from Germany!

• Spyrius: Recon Robot w/ spyrius chief: Major Kartofski

I absolutely love this guy, he's great for so many reasons; he can be autonomous or mecha, he's got a little storage compartment within the front of his pelvis, oh! and his articulation!
    Though it may be dated now, his articulation in the arms and claws/graspers show that Lego was at least trying and that great things were to come.

He's a really fun build too as you start with just this rather flat set of rolling stock/wheels, then all of a sudden he starts sprouting upward - BUT!
    There was something else about Recon Robot, something that he suggested and that the catalogued proved...

...that there was another, and, IT was far bigger! - I'll have to reveal that at another time however.

Nice haul, Hursti!
    I love the Lego of old. Makes me wish i had have been able to hold onto some of my childhood pieces I was even considering Pick-A-Brick'ing set 600 from 1978
    I've laybyd/bought a few older sets recently which were clearance, but were also on 20% off sale at Target

79109 Lone Ranger Colby showdown
    79103 TMNT Lair
    76007 Iron man Malibu Mansion Attack
    60053 Racecar
    60019 Stunt Plane

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    [SIZE="3"][FONT="Century Gothic"]Nice haul, Hursti!
    I love the Lego of old. Makes me wish i had have been able to hold onto some of my childhood pieces I was even considering Pick-A-Brick'ing set 600 from 1978
    Cheers man, there's many more photos to come of the old sets I've procured to come but they'll have to wait until I've more time - in light of recent events.

I looked at that set you mentioned, that's classy old-school stuff there man - I considered "Pick-A-Bricking" the parts I'd need in order to complete my Back-Hoe set... $2.57 was looking quite good for the parts until the $27 price-tag for postage was shown!

Here's a quick set of photos of my "Modern/Movie" related Lego acquisitions that I've obtained over the past month or so. :

• I'd like to specially thank Paul Agnew for procuring for me what you see in this 1st pic below, he went all over the place to get them for me and I greatly appreciate his efforts.

• These are from eBay:

• ...and these are from Big W and Toys R Us respectively:

Now I've just got to wait for the release of Benny's "Spaceship, Spaceship!, SPACESHIP!" & Emmet's "Construction Mech" and I think I'll be done with the Movie line... I'll probably also pick up the Ice-Cream Truck too because: Ice-Cream Truck.

Nice haul there, Hursti
    $27 for postage? WTH?
    I see Emmet's car. That was a ViP TrU invite only piece, wasn't it? & the Rescue Reinforcement looks really good. I'm probably goingto pick up the Ice Cream truck next month, but until then I'll just continue to admire from afar

Got 15/16 simpsons figures from the local Kmart last night.... Despite a scalper hunting barts

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Got 15/16 simpsons figures from the local Kmart last night.... Despite a scalper hunting barts
    Nice work, considering they're not supposed to go on the shelf before the 1st of May

Nice haul Hursti!, where did you manage to get Emmets car from?

Not exactly lego. picked up a few third party iron man minifigs and a deadpool. Before I get crucified for not buying legit ones, the armors I got lego havent made and to my knowledge they dont plan on making. And deadpool because I refuse to pay $20 for one minifig
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    Not exactly lego. picked up a few third party iron man minifigs and a deadpool. Before I get crucified for not buying legit ones, the armors I got lego havent made and to my knowledge they dont plan on making. And deadpool because I refuse to pay $20 for one minifig
    How's the look and quality of the minifigs? Seen them in some stores and online and they look near identical to the legit ones in most cases.