Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Armarauders - The Last Battalion

Default Armarauders - The Last Battalion

Do you remember Don Figueroa? He is that awesome artist that worked on the Transformers comics, most notably the War Within series.

Well he co-created a company called Mecha Workshop and they are creating a new toy line with an accompanying comic. The comic is drawn by Don and is available free on their Facebook page.

Armarauders have updated their Facebook page showing us some refined concept art and a prototype of the minifigure pilot which is only 5cm tall (2 inches)

I was talking to the producer, Valent Wang, and he told me that this toy line will feature influences and homages to both MOTU and Thundercats plus a big influence from Centurions which you can see by the interchangeable weapons.

There is still no official price but they are expected to release the main figure, the Bellerophon with the pilot, weapons for both and the Mech Stand in one package in Q1 2013. Go like them on Facebook and jump on for the ride

Sounds alright. Will keep an eye on this.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Ooooh.... knew about Armarauders from Don's deviantArt site. Didn't know there were toys.

Saw this thread, wondered if toys had inspired comics or vice versa. turns out the truth is much more interesting.

Mecha Workshop have updated their Armarauders Facebook page with new prototype pictures of the Bellerophon;

Cam's FullGear Bellerophon - Refined Sneak Peek (Part 02) | Facebook

I have created a Facebook group for this toy line. If you would like to join then please let me know.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/590199704356533/

I have updated my blog with a look at the Bellerophon, the prototype from then to now;

Armarauders: Building the Bellerophon - a retrospective

Umm... Holy Crap! - These things look amazing!
    Really wouldn't mind picking at least one of these up down the line, giant piloted Mecha that is SUPER-poseable? - Yes friggin' please!

This seemed to go into hiatus for a while.

The toys are being engineered by T-REX who are responsible for Yamato's later transforming Macross toys.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    This seemed to go into hiatus for a while.

The toys are being engineered by T-REX who are responsible for Yamato's later transforming Macross toys.
    It didn't really go on hiatus, I was just too lazy to come here to update the thread.

They have been pretty consistent with reveals, from the comic, to the motion comic, to concept art and prototype pictures. They also announced T-Rex was doing the engineering and that they have Brandon Easton on board. He was a writer on the new Thundercats cartoon.

I am so excited about this toy. I really can't wait.

Armarauders have updated their Facebook page with concept renders of the docking stand.

If you are a member of the Armarauders: Unity fan group you would be able to see a little bit more than what is on the Armarauders page
    The rest will be shown on the Armarauders page in time but at this time it is exclusive to Armarauders: Unity only

Oh wow those 'Docking' stands look bloody cool! - Their modular nature is an excellent consideration too; this developing toyline is doing a hell of a lot of things right, that's all I can see & say.