Page 17 of 120 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222737 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Although Captimus Prime doesn't come with any weapons, his hands are moulded so that they're compatible with any 5mm post weapons! (this means he can hold the original G1 Optimus Prime's rifle!)
    http://otca.com.au/boards/showpost.p...postcount=2150

Holeee! This might be a Beast Hunter spoiler:
    I just realised that the ring that the dragon assault spinning cannons are mounted on the ultimate BH prime is actually the omega lock.

I just realized last night looking at Seibertron's pics from SDCC how bad your average person is at Transforming modern TFs. Metroplex had his crotch and thighs back to front, Dreadwing is a mess, and the less said about Acid Storm, Omega Supreme and Frenzy/Rumble the better.

Maybe Hasbro is on to something with their upsized Legions.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I just realized last night looking at Seibertron's pics from SDCC how bad your average person is at Transforming modern TFs. Metroplex had his crotch and thighs back to front, Dreadwing is a mess, and the less said about Acid Storm, Omega Supreme and Frenzy/Rumble the better.

Maybe Hasbro is on to something with their upsized Legions.
    Perhaps it's just the people setting up the displays or the photographers (as soon in mistransformed product reveals). Although I don't understand why they couldn't have hired a skilled professional who is also a fan, which may result in achieving both tasks with an obvious flow on effect to quality of pics & sales volume.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I don't know about convention displays, but I know with Hasbro's stock photography that they send the toys to professional photographers who take photos and send them to Hasbro. The photographers aren't fans, so they sometimes make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Perhaps it's just the people setting up the displays or the photographers (as soon in mistransformed product reveals). Although I don't understand why they couldn't have hired a skilled professional who is also a fan, which may result in achieving both tasks with an obvious flow on effect to quality of pics & sales volume.
    Yeah, or just tell the photographer to use the instructions (which are meant for children) and if the photos come back with mistransformations, tell the photographers to do it again because they stuffed up. I don't know what Takara(TOMY) does, but they rarely ever have mistransformations in their toy photography. And their photos aren't nearly as heavily doctored as Hasbro's either.

Was watching 'Flight of the Navigator' - a 1986 movie we begrudgingly watched during primary school whenever it rained, and came across this scene with a minty mint-mint G1 Shrapnel that made me smile:

via: http://dinosaurdracula.com/blog/flig...avigator-toys/

Whilst I was googling up the pics above, I found something else very cool - see if you can spot the Transformer(s) in Aliens:

via Seibertron (hyperlinked to hide spoiler )

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Was watching 'Flight of the Navigator' - a 1986 movie we begrudgingly watched during primary school whenever it rained, and came across this scene with a minty mint-mint G1 Shrapnel that made me smile:

*snip*

Whilst I was googling up the pics above, I found something else very cool - see if you can spot the Transformer(s) in Aliens:

*snip*

Oh WOW!!!
    Now that is creative repurposing if I ever saw it, how the hell did someone pick that?

via: http://dinosaurdracula.com/blog/flig...avigator-toys/

had to look twice to see it....that so cool!! someone got very sharp eye

mind officially blown!

P.S.: they're actually "Shackwaves," but still -- very very cool find!

Seen Aliens 100s of times. Was obsessed with it. HOW DID I MISS THAT!