Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: New Thundercats TV Show

Cheers, The flashbacks in the Mumm-Ra episode were interesting...

Have been watching a bit of the original thunderctas as I never watched it before. I thought I was growing out of cartoons at the time it was out, but it was made in 1985 apparently.

So, I am about 6 episodes in, and now I see why I never watched it. I must have seen an episode or two and thought the show was crap, because it's awful! Odd though, as I liked the design of the figures enough to have owned a MUmm-Ra somewhere along the lines (I think I still have his awesome sword around somewhere).

I keep watchign thinking, maybe it will get better, but it doesn't. lol. Sorry, I've tried... I still like the design of the classic characters (and bought the 8inch Lion-o!) but I can't handle anymore of Lion-o raoming around the planet until one of his friends gets in trouble, then he uses the sword to d=find them and blah blah blah...

Might just stick with the new show for watching and play with the classic figures!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Cheers, The flashbacks in the Mumm-Ra episode were interesting...

Have been watching a bit of the original thunderctas as I never watched it before. I thought I was growing out of cartoons at the time it was out, but it was made in 1985 apparently.

So, I am about 6 episodes in, and now I see why I never watched it. I must have seen an episode or two and thought the show was crap, because it's awful! Odd though, as I liked the design of the figures enough to have owned a MUmm-Ra somewhere along the lines (I think I still have his awesome sword around somewhere).

I keep watchign thinking, maybe it will get better, but it doesn't. lol. Sorry, I've tried... I still like the design of the classic characters (and bought the 8inch Lion-o!) but I can't handle anymore of Lion-o raoming around the planet until one of his friends gets in trouble, then he uses the sword to d=find them and blah blah blah...

Might just stick with the new show for watching and play with the classic figures!
    A couple of years ago I watched the whole thing. It was more of an endurance test than anything else. Although the characters and world are awesome, the episode to episode stories are horrible, specially those by this guy called William Overgard. He introduces all these wacky characters and has no concept of the vaguest sense realism (even by 80s cartoon standards) so nothing makes any sense whatsoever like a trippy dream.

There are however several good episodes and 'Lion-O's test' miniseries is pretty good (although often shown in disorder with crap episodes in between). However the good episodes are no where near enough to balance out the bad ones.

It's certainly a series where it's best to watch the odd episode rather than the whole thing or you will kill brain cells.

Huge cameos coming up in this weeks episode;

click link if you want spoilers

I am so excited by these cameos, I certainly hope it leads to more

ep07 was really good.

seems like this show will have its highs and lows but im happy to follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Huge cameos coming up in this weeks episode;

click link if you want spoilers

I am so excited by these cameos, I certainly hope it leads to more
    hmmm so prolly the Silverhawks and Tigersharks will indeed be humanoid animals then in this new TC universe, instead of the (if you really think deep and hard about it)creepy , macabre, freaky origin they were presented in the first version. That would be acceptable for me.

That would be better than the original versions from the 80s. I mean basically Tigersharks are mutations - I dunno about you but if something went awry in the mutating pool theyve got they may end up looking like Injector and being stuck in it - I think they had an episode of being stuck i fishmode- it would be quite disastrous. ... and Ben 10 is again following this Mutation trend- albeit it's different - temporary genetic manipulation... it's all fun and games until your stuck in UGLY,freak mode... think The Fly..eew

As for the Silverhawks - I would not for the life of me trade my flesh and blood to become something like Robocop - I mean that's just ... inhuman ( robocop I view as well - inhuman) would you like to have your head mounted on a robotic body sans nuts and all the good bits... seriously they have - copper kid- it's a kid he has a whole life ahead of him and they mutilated the child!!! Someone should've censored these toons way back. It would've been more better if it was armor, heck no it's your body now you eunuch! SO after Monstaarrs defeat, what then... you cant go back to what you were...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    hmmm so prolly the Silverhawks and Tigersharks will indeed be humanoid animals then in this new TC universe, instead of the (if you really think deep and hard about it)creepy , macabre, freaky origin they were presented in the first version. That would be acceptable for me.

That would be better than the original versions from the 80s. I mean basically Tigersharks are mutations - I dunno about you but if something went awry in the mutating pool theyve got they may end up looking like Injector and being stuck in it - I think they had an episode of being stuck i fishmode- it would be quite disastrous. ... and Ben 10 is again following this Mutation trend- albeit it's different - temporary genetic manipulation... it's all fun and games until your stuck in UGLY,freak mode... think The Fly..eew

As for the Silverhawks - I would not for the life of me trade my flesh and blood to become something like Robocop - I mean that's just ... inhuman ( robocop I view as well - inhuman) would you like to have your head mounted on a robotic body sans nuts and all the good bits... seriously they have - copper kid- it's a kid he has a whole life ahead of him and they mutilated the child!!! Someone should've censored these toons way back. It would've been more better if it was armor, heck no it's your body now you eunuch! SO after Monstaarrs defeat, what then... you cant go back to what you were...
    So that is what it feels like when your childhood gets raped

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    So that is what it feels like when your childhood gets raped

Nah, without the vital "parts" (in the case of Silverhawks) it's just molesting, not full on rape

Episode 7 is up - better watch it before you tube decides to can it.

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh9EMLQA41g&NR=1

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn6eI...924&feature=iv

I like how they do episodes to establish the groundwork/background to firmly elaborate and further create the Thundercats lore/universe better and more in depth.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I loved the last episode, this series gets better and better. I like origin stories and this sort of sets up the background but I wish they could have stretched it to 2 episodes at least. They could have gone more in depth into the forging of the sword too but it’s like ok here’s some random smith and now here’s your sword. Don’t worry about the hole, the square stone will fit just fine.

yeah i enjoyed this episode and i do agree would hav ebeen nice to stretch out the story just a bit!! nonetheless awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post

I know in the future world the Sliverhawks come from they clone the team new bodys after they win the battle with Monstar Copper kid was not human so they dont really care about him. They just leave him to rot back at base when they leave.