Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Outback's Australian News

Sightings/Sales

Old 21st June 2018, 07:44 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

While we're reminiscing I'm still amazed Toyworld is still open at Kiama. I remember about 30 years ago we had to go there to find Scattershot to complete the Technobots after my mum called around everywhere. While there are still toy sections of department stores for kids (and us adults!) it's just not the same as walking into a stand-alone toy shop.
Old 21st June 2018, 08:07 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Standalone toy stores just aren't as profitable unfortunately. They don't have the luxury of having other items to subsidise their sales.

Speaking of Kiama Toyworld, I remember having to get Hursty to get FOC Soundwave and data discs from there I think. Somethin. And found WFC Soundwave at David Jones in Canberra many moons ago, only store I ever saw him in too
Old 21st June 2018, 08:20 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
While we're reminiscing I'm still amazed Toyworld is still open at Kiama. I remember about 30 years ago we had to go there to find Scattershot to complete the Technobots after my mum called around everywhere. While there are still toy sections of department stores for kids (and us adults!) it's just not the same as walking into a stand-alone toy shop.
We used to have a Toyworld (I think it was Toyworld) in Cronulla Mall many years ago. They used to have this huge electric Ferrari that was hanging over the top of the store as you walk in. I still remember saving my pocket money and buying the stunticons and protectobots from there as well as my grandma buying me Soundwave for a birthday one year.
Sales Thread
Old 21st June 2018, 09:48 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider View Post
We used to have a Toyworld (I think it was Toyworld) in Cronulla Mall many years ago.
Same store is actually still trading. What was Toyworld Cronulla is now Fraser Cycle's at Taren Point. They hardly order Transformers though, now.

LF:

- G1 Brawl
- MyClone Dirge
- Blue Microchange MC-04 (02) Familia 1500XG (that's the pre-TF Bumblejumper)
- G2 Grimlock (turquoise or silver)
- Car Robots Indy Heat
- Beast Wars Dinobot
- Combiner Wars Air Raid, Fireflight - secured thanks to Paulbot!