Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AOE US Target Exclusives

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Maybe something will happen in the movie?
    Something usually does

For some reason Target in America has a unified theme of Silver Knight Optimus Movie exclusives... and another one has shown up - for the Battle Masters line.

A 2-pack of Optimus (redeoc w/ new left arm) & Grimlock (new - movie mould).
    Individually these are priced at the DLX price point, so if this 2-pack was released here, it would be about $60.

It might also mean other Movie characters for this Battle Masters line... but from already buying the Optimus & Megatron 2-pack, I don't see this line lasting very long. It is not a collectable line, as the gimmick wears off within minutes of getting two, and you can only play with two at a time (so buying more is a waste if not seeking out certain characters... many of which don't look like pre-existing characters anyway).

Voyager Grimlock and Deluxe Optimus Prime Two-Pack - Grimlock is the Fall of Cybertron toy, with a Generation 1 style deco. Optimus Prime is a silver chromed version of the Dark of the Moon Deluxe Optimus Prime, armed with one of the Generation 1 Predacon swords.
    This has now been found in America, and as expected from many of the Movie store exclusives, it is one of the "30".... but is one of the last - "29 of 30".
    It was found at the Target store near where BotCon is this year, for a very cheap US$30 (both toys on their own would be $40).
    (images in the link have Optimus looking very flashy, but definitely over-kill on the chroming)

This is one of the exclusives coming here, but unlikely to be anywhere near $30. Since it is a Voyager & a Deluxe, it is more likely about AU$80 here.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    This has now been found in America, and as expected from many of the Movie store exclusives, it is one of the "30".... but is one of the last - "29 of 30".
    It was found at the Target store near where BotCon is this year, for a very cheap US$30 (both toys on their own would be $40).
    (images in the link have Optimus looking very flashy, but definitely over-kill on the chroming)

This is one of the exclusives coming here, but unlikely to be anywhere near $30. Since it is a Voyager & a Deluxe, it is more likely about AU$80 here.
    Judging from the pics of the back of the box, it looks like the entire cab is not chromed as it appeared it may have been from the promo pics. However, it looks like it should be white or painted silver rather than Hasbro grey, which is at least better.

ETA: ...and that shows how much I know. The pics posted on TFW by a fan show that it is totally chromed. Awesome.

strange how they use the DOTM deluxe mould and not evasion prime? I'd consider a silver evasion prime!

Probably to keep under a certain price-point, as the Evasion Optimus is Voyager... but not much bigger than the TF3 Deluxe.

This looks to be another Target exclusive, because it contains a "Silver Knight" redeco of an existing Optimus toy...
    It is a six-pack of One-Step changers (the small gimmick toys), but the other five figures look to be unchanged to their regular releases.

We do get our first look at One-Step Slug though.

They're currently $59, but may come down further with the upcoming sale. The Grimlock actually looks really good in robot mode & i didnt mind OP either
    The Target store that i went to earlier only had two left on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    They're currently $59, but may come down further with the upcoming sale. The Grimlock actually looks really good in robot mode & i didnt mind OP either
    The Target store that i went to earlier only had two left on the shelf.
    The Grimlock looked kinda 'cheap' and tacky. Like lower quality plastic?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    The Grimlock looked kinda 'cheap' and tacky. Like lower quality plastic?
    i only had a brief look,but it seemed ok to me. i wouldn't be surprised if it was a different quality of plastic