Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Devastator coming back to Big W 17/12

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Wait a few more years and he may even show up at The Reject Shop for a twenty...
    Or wait a few years after that when a mum gives it away to salvos or something and they sell it for like $5
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Or miss out and find it no less than $300 everywhere.

Personally I am not sure if bigw can get it right second time but if you missed the affordable uw version then this is your good opportunity to get it.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Personally I am not sure if bigw can get it right second time but if you missed the affordable uw version then this is your good opportunity to get it.
    Not sure what you mean by that. The initial release was strictly limited at the time cos of Hasbro's supply issue with its new warehouse IIRC. Do you have inside info you are able to share?

I'd like to see in store. Just to know it's actually real. It's been a long wait

At least if it is in a catalogue and you have a nearby ToysRUs who has Devastator (at $300), take the catalogue to them and they should price-match.
    You could even ask at Toyworld if a store near you has them, to see if the manager will price-match.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Not sure what you mean by that. The initial release was strictly limited at the time cos of Hasbro's supply issue with its new warehouse IIRC. Do you have inside info you are able to share?
    I don't mean anything bad however the last time we have a catalogue and the toy never made it here in wa with the whole calling around and database not being correct with instances -5 in their system because they record in a book and not in the system.

I was finally offered one but ages later as PC offered the UW version this month. And it was like $15 more.

PC aside, I am more talking about how bigw manages the item. They were calling it sold out when they never touch the shelves.
    Needless to say online web was no better.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    At least if it is in a catalogue and you have a nearby ToysRUs who has Devastator (at $300), take the catalogue to them and they should price-match.
    You could even ask at Toyworld if a store near you has them, to see if the manager will price-match.
    It be interesting if tru actually bring in the uw version and someone confuses them with bigw one

Hopefully they'll be available in suitable quantities so everyone can get one. Still have nightmares over that mid-year sale.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Same price as before, or a higher price in line with the other retailers?
    What was his previous Big W price?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I don't mean anything bad however the last time we have a catalogue and the toy never made it here in wa with the whole calling around and database not being correct with instances -5 in their system because they record in a book and not in the system.

I was finally offered one but ages later as PC offered the UW version this month. And it was like $15 more.

PC aside, I am more talking about how bigw manages the item. They were calling it sold out when they never touch the shelves.
    Needless to say online web was no better.
    Not true, it did make it on to shelves in some bigws in Wa, just didn't last long. But yes, it was frustrating and understocked.