Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Rogue One

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Things that didn't make sense (to me):
    + Star Destroyer colliding in to another whilst in battle formation.
    + Jyn Erso fitting into an Imperial Ground Crew's uniform. Did it belong to Gary Coleman.
    + Jyn Erso in an Imperial Ground Crew's uniform with the face visor up.
    well the destroyer was disabled and then pushed by the corvette, they didn't just randomly collide. although that happens...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbou...ager_collision

Megatran Guest

The puny size of the Hammerhead corvette to the Star Destroyer. W-T-F. And why were the Star Destroyers in so tight orbital formation?

The puny size of the Hammerhead corvette to the Star Destroyer. W-T-F. And why were the Star Destroyers in so tight orbital formation?
    You're probably thinking of Hammerhead Cruisers which are similar but capital ship sized. The Hamerhead Corvette is more akin to the Corellian Corvette / Blockade Runner which is what Princess Leia was using. And we know that ship is small enough to fit into the main Star Destroyer's docking bay.

Also Star Destroyers being in tight formation allows them to act as fire support to each other as well as being a huge psychological impact when seeing two bearing down on them. We see the tight formation again in ESB when Han flies around some Star Destroyers, nearly causing them to collide (that scene when the officer shouts, "Take evasive action!"

Megatran Guest

I'm referring to the one in the embedded youtube link.

That scene in ESB was also non-sensical.

I know, so...are you saying the corvettes are too small to push a Star Destroyer? Can you be clearer?

Because it looks good.
    https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-b...g-23?srid=SbSu

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

There were so many things wrong with that scene that my brain gave up.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

well, they are in space where there is no friction resistance and the ship is disabled so it can't push back. i can't remember what effect the difference in mass would have. i guess it was just the little corvette that could

Darth Vader:

-His castle on Mustafar makes sense as it fuels his hatred and anger. I can't quite remember if it was in print or on a YouTube video, but I do recall this being discussed and it makes sense to me. You've lost the love of your life, your best friend and mentor left you to die a horrible death. Nobody is going to be whistling happy tunes after that.

-Having said that, his appearance in Episode 4, to me anyway, doesn't reflect this when he meets Obi Wan on the Death Star.
    There's no emotion in his voice, no anger, no hatred & revenge fuelled aggression like we saw when Obi Wan left him to die in ROTS. The best he can manage is a cool

I've been waiting for you, Obi Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete, when I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.
    Your powers are weak, old man.
    You should not have come back.
    Does that sound like someone who has been holding a mighty grudge for 20 years?

While I think that it's great that we saw Darth Vader slice through a squadron of Rebels (the poor schlub on the ceiling gets my vote for the best death in the SW universe) & drop those phat one liners, I really don't think that it adds any extra dimensions to his characterisation in Episode 4.

This is the problem with 'prequels'..