Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello there!

Default Hello there!

I've only recently got into Transformers toy collecting in the recent months, but I've been dipping in and out of it over the years with the cartoons and movies. Didn't get into it enough to collect toys until my friend was telling me about the MTMTE comics and bam! Many comics later - even beyond MTMTE - and here I am!

My absolute favourite characters are Soundwave and Brainstorm, so they will be my focus for toy collecting. But, to be honest, there are just so many characters I've loved in the IDW comics and/or their toy in general that I'll most likely deviate here and there. (Currently trying to hunt down a Combiner Wars Thundercracker in Melbourne during the Target sale and sadly have not spotted one yet. The hunt most go on.)

So far all I've got are these five.

Right now my collection is small but it's about to receive a few additions over Christmas. I've been hoarding all my incoming packages this month so that I could open them on the 25th!

Anyways it's a pleasure to be here and I hope you see everyone around! I tend to go out shopping or for walks a lot so I'll most likely be lurking and/or posting in the sightings for VIC thread.

I hope everyone is having a pleasant holiday season!

Welcome aboard!

Feel free to share pics of your new additions in the acquisitions thread when you do open them! Do you have a collection shelf/space or do your figures just hang out wherever?

You might have to start hunting online for leader Thundercracker, Aus retailers appear to have skipped him and Ultra Magnus. If you haven't already, check out the australian news section as griffin keeps a pretty up to date checklist of TF toys and if they've been released here or not. Also the first sightings thread is pretty handy.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Hi and welcome!

MTMTE fan huh? Do you plan on getting Mastermind Creation's Carnifex?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Welcome aboard!

Feel free to share pics of your new additions in the acquisitions thread when you do open them! Do you have a collection shelf/space or do your figures just hang out wherever?

You might have to start hunting online for leader Thundercracker, Aus retailers appear to have skipped him and Ultra Magnus. If you haven't already, check out the australian news section as griffin keeps a pretty up to date checklist of TF toys and if they've been released here or not. Also the first sightings thread is pretty handy.
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm sure I'll post some pics up since I tend to get a bit snap happy. Though there's currently no designated collection space for them since I'm burried under so many other toys at the moment. But I'm hoping to eventually clear enough space for them, or go ahead and buy a detolf or something haha.

Thanks for the link! I'll sure to be lurking around the threads a lot to see what's in. Interestingly, one or two folks on FB said they spotted Thundercracker, but in other states? Who knows. Gah. Wish they did stock him because $39 is a sweet price.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Hi and welcome!

MTMTE fan huh? Do you plan on getting Mastermind Creation's Carnifex?
    Thank you

Oh he looks sweet as! But I don't have enough space to place him anywhere My current and soon-to-be additions are just going to have to sit on my desk for a while until I manage to somehow clear space or get a shelf for them.

Did you get him/planning to get him? If you do have him already, what are you thoughts?

He's 7 different flavours of awesome. Check out some YouTube reviews of him. There's plenty out there.

The same company is also making the DJD. Tarn is due to be released in about a week.

I'll definitely check out those reviews! But ohhhh, didn't realise they were going to make the DJD. If they make Kaon I'll definitely have to grab him at the least. Thanks for the heads up!

You mean this Kaon?

It's a very good figure.

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! Okay as soon as I get home tonight I'm going to look up more about him, but I'm definitely adding him into the cart dammit. You tempter!

Any ideas which website has the best deal/cheapest on shipping to Aus? Price looks standard across what I've found so far, but it'll be shipping that decides it.

That site I linked you to is good. 80% of my online TF purchases are from that guy and I've never had a problem. He's Hong Kong based. Maybe try eBay if you want it a bit cheaper.