Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official toy images of GEN Leader Thundercracker

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    this is the look that Thundercracker and the other seekers had back in the first IDW comics, so this is probably one of the few times Hasbro based their design on an IDW one, instead of the other way around (unless the toy design was shelved for almost a decade). Brainstorm *might* have been another, but basically all the Thrilling 30 deluxes were toy first designs, regardless of what online commenters have said
    How about stealth Megatron? He's been in there a while, from what I can see. Would they have designed a toy that looks like that first that deviates so much?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The images are only small, because they are on one of the Hasbro sites (Canada), but gives us another look at the actual toy in and out of packaging.

Somehow the Jetfire mould done in blue does quite well for a Thundercracker homage... despite the different type of fighter jet and robot body type.

Thundercracker is wave 2, so it will probably be some time before it gets released. (Wave 1 with the two Megatrons is still yet to come out, and spacing of Leader waves can be anyone's guess)
    I must say, those images have made me really really REALLY want Energon Megatron.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    How about stealth Megatron? He's been in there a while, from what I can see. Would they have designed a toy that looks like that first that deviates so much?
    Same can be said for the Orion Pax mould, that design first showed up in the Spotlight: Blurr comic in 2009/10 from memory, though it wouldn't surprise me if the toys were designed much, much earlier than their original release date, and maybe retouched/shrunken for release...