Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Combiner Wars Voyager Wave 3 - Defensor and Cyclonus - Official Images

Optimus may be getting his rumoured S1 Autobots. Perhaps something may happen further down the line with Galvatronus.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Optimus may be getting his rumoured S1 Autobots. Perhaps something may happen further down the line with Galvatronus.
    That's true... as Superion was being noted on wave one packaging as having Dragstrip because Air Raid was not available, but Air Raid has no Dragstrip on its back-of-card image of Superion. And Optimus had the same four Limbs for the same reason of availability... but if Autobot Car limbs come out later, they might have Optimus included as their combiner core.

Been a big fan of the new Cyclonua but I gotta admit he is looking a lot less impressive in the latest pics - a lot of kibble underneath the star fighter mode

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Been a big fan of the new Cyclonua but I gotta admit he is looking a lot less impressive in the latest pics - a lot of kibble underneath the star fighter mode
    A sad but unavoidable symptom of being a Gens/CW Silverbolt retool, I too wish he'd just got his own straight-up new mold but alas, we have to wait longer it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    A sad but unavoidable symptom of being a Gens/CW Silverbolt retool, I too wish he'd just got his own straight-up new mold but alas, we have to wait longer it seems.
    We already have a Cyclonus mould, and a good one at that... so we should get a new mould for some other Gen1 character first that doesn't yet have one before we get another Cyclonus mould.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    We already have a Cyclonus mould, and a good one at that... so we should get a new mould for some other Gen1 character first that doesn't yet have one before we get another Cyclonus mould.
    Yeah but how many G1 characters have more than 2 CHUG toys already? Not disagreeing at all but it's not like there have been a glut of Cyclonus toys compared to many other characters - this is his second mold in what - 5 years? We are getting two Thundercrackers within a couple of months!

But I agree that it would be great to see more G1 characters that don't have a CHUG figure yet get one. Problem is most of the A and B listers have been done and Hasbro may be hesitant to do toys for C listers. But then Skullgrin and Scoop have gotten toys so who knows eh.

If they hadn't done Cyclonus with this mold what G1 character with no CHUG toy could they have done? Scattershot is the obvious choice but they might be saving him for a later Combiner Wars wave . So I dunno, Triggerhappy maybe?

Edit: oh hang on, I misread what you said Griff, kinda makes all my above points redundant

superion complete, definitely like defensor more, looking forward to this release

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjavis View Post
    superion complete, definitely like defensor more, looking forward to this release
    Just waiting on motormaster to complete my menasor. Already pre-ordered hasbro defensor, not waiting around for TT set again (seeing all the recent sales, while knowing i already have an uncancellable TT Superion pre-ordered really sucks...).

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    Just waiting on motormaster to complete my menasor. Already pre-ordered hasbro defensor, not waiting around for TT set again (seeing all the recent sales, while knowing i already have an uncancellable TT Superion pre-ordered really sucks...).
    Ehhh, it's not that bad. I too have Takara's Superion on pre-order but will still be picking up the Hasbro version. Though that's mainly because I wanted one with Alpha Bravo who in my opinion is the single best deluxe of all Aerialbots.

yeah not bad really, I have a Takara Superion preorder as well! I don't feel bad , I also have a set of Hasbro ones. The Takara Superion I'm keen on because it will feel more like a collector piece. If price is the deciding factor just buy local retail, the introductory specials have been great for wave 1. I do feel a bit bad about double dipping, you know because its extra money this is going to be one off though.