Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth WAtch Enthusiast - YouTube

Default Perth WAtch - YouTube

Hi guys, found myself with a bit of spare time whilst on leave with our new baby () so I ended starting a YouTube channel around one of my other passions - watches and horology!

Take a look below - comments and feedback most welcome:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjB...ZOV0qOO7TdlHlA

For reference, here's a list and links of what I've done so far:

1. TAG Heuer Formula 1 Caliber 16 (CAZ2012.BA0970)
    2. Automatic Dive Watch Comparison
    3. Ingersoll Lawrence GMT (IN3218BK)
    4. How to use the GMT function
    5. Omega Seamaster Professional 300m - includes comments, comparisons
    6. TAG Heuer Formula Steel & Ceramic Ladies (WAH1312.BA0867)
    7. Oris Aquis Date (OR733-7653-4135MB)
    8. Watch Lume Comparison - Are they all the same?
    9. Orient Curator Automatic (FD0J004W)
    10. Seiko Coutura Solar Perpetual Calendar Chrono (SSC377)

Cheers!
    Last edited by Gasaraki; 9th January 2017 at 10:46 PM.
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

Have just started getting into watches after scoring some nice automatic deals on Amazon lately. Are you aware of any other reputable sites that are as good as Amazon when it comes to the lightning deals on solid watches?

Recently picked up a Solar Automatic Seiko SNE241 and an Orient CEM65003D Pepsi Diver and am on the lookout for some new additions.

Have just earned a sub!

Hi mate,

Those are nice choices for that price range! I am not aware of other sites that have "lightning deals" like Amazon - for myself I don't mind doing some eBay sniping for watches at that range.

At the higher end, grey retailers like JomaShop and AuthenticWatches are worth a look but most people seem to recommend looking up to around the $1000 range and not much higher.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post
    Have just started getting into watches after scoring some nice automatic deals on Amazon lately. Are you aware of any other reputable sites that are as good as Amazon when it comes to the lightning deals on solid watches?

Recently picked up a Solar Automatic Seiko SNE241 and an Orient CEM65003D Pepsi Diver and am on the lookout for some new additions.

Have just earned a sub!
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

New video on the Invicta Pro Diver 9094 uploaded yesterday - enjoy!

Also finally got around to cobbling together a channel trailer - take a look!

I'm genuinely going to spend my lunch break going through these - I'm always on the lookout for a new watch.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Glad to hear of your interest! Let us know what your budget or target brands are - I'd like to hear your preferences and can make suggestions too.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I'm genuinely going to spend my lunch break going through these - I'm always on the lookout for a new watch.

Just uploaded a new video on the FitBit Charge HR - includes some thoughts about wearable devices in general. Enjoy!

Hi guys - posted a new video yesterday on the Citizen Perpetual Chrono A-T, an interesting feature packed watch with atomic timekeeping, perpetual calendar, solar power, and also a chronograph!

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Great work, have subbed and watched a bunch. Looking into Oriental (as you mentioned, I'd never heard of them either), keen on the TT0V004W silver with brown leather. I currently only have a titanium citizen ecodrive that was a gift, blue face CA4010-58L, looking for a silver faced brown leather more dressy watch, but still prefer having the smaller dials (don't know the lingo). That said I'm also going to see if I can get away with one of the new LG smartwatches and a nice face choice.

Keep it up!

Thanks mate!

Ah I see you have a taste for chronographs (term usually denotes analogue watches with a "stop watch" function, hence the need for the sub-dials).

The Citizen you have is good looking and certain very serviceable across a wide range of contexts. If you're interested in the sporty chronograph look take a serious look at Seiko, they are a great company.

If you can manage to push for an automatic (i.e. mechanical) chronograph, I would recommend considering one. It will cost more, especially if going Swiss, but they are marvels of engineering design. Think Longines, or Tissot as entry level brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    Great work, have subbed and watched a bunch. Looking into Oriental (as you mentioned, I'd never heard of them either), keen on the TT0V004W silver with brown leather. I currently only have a titanium citizen ecodrive that was a gift, blue face CA4010-58L, looking for a silver faced brown leather more dressy watch, but still prefer having the smaller dials (don't know the lingo). That said I'm also going to see if I can get away with one of the new LG smartwatches and a nice face choice.

Keep it up!