Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Soundwave's Global News

Sightings/Sales

Old 13th March 2018, 08:16 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
Got my letter today from Aus Border Force that they have seized my MP36, I must be the only one it would seem. I don't know if I can be bothered going through the hassle of obtaining the permits and stuff. Might just chalk this one up to having a gamble and losing.
Unfortunately with you being in NSW, you have the most hoops to jump through (and if you do want to go to the effort, just follow the directions in the "Permit" topic).
I wonder if they would allow you have someone else take ownership/possession of it, who has all of the storage and club requirements, and they just need to get the import permit (which is free and easy to do).
Obviously it would need to be someone you can trust, who isn't afraid of being prosecuted for transferring possession of a restricted item to someone who doesn't meet its legal requirements.
(as such, I can't publicly condone doing that, or any other method that gets around legal restrictions that were intended for actual replica weapons, but ended up including *toys* that look like weapons)

Must... resist... urge... to say "I told you so" to all those people who openly dismissed the research and warnings we made about being prepared in case it happened (as it took some time after MP-5 before they started catching them as well, just not this long).
Old 13th March 2018, 08:27 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Well even though I didn't need it I'm still glad I got my letter from the Queensland Police before buying my MP36 in November. Never hurts to do your homework when it comes to gunformers.
Old 13th March 2018, 08:42 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Unfortunately my first order with PC never eventuated so I was hesitant to order one from any of the other new Aussie retailers who wanted payment up front when the re-issue was announced. I went with HLJ as everyone had good reports from them and I suppose that because I was one of the last to get my re-issue shipped ABF were onto it by then. Maybe if I got it shipped a different way it might have got through. Either way, I knew there was a risk but I really didn't want to have to jump through all the hoops to get one. Meh, you win some you lose some, when I get one it will just be the most expensive MP36 ever

Regarding change of ownership, I may be happy to give it to anyone who wants to go through the hassles involved. I wouldn't expect them to give it to me on the sly, better they have it than it goes in the bin.
I will think on it tonight. Maybe I will look at what's involved in obtaining the licence again.
Old 13th March 2018, 08:47 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

All the links in the permit topic say page not found. Any ideas why?
Old 13th March 2018, 08:50 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Works fine for me.
Old 13th March 2018, 09:04 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Meh, its all too hard, if someone with the permits wants to try and get it, I am happy to sign stuff and whatnot. They can keep it if they succeed.
Old 14th March 2018, 01:42 AM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quote:
Looks like they've been moving things around on their website again.
I'll have to do some investigating and update the links again.
Old 14th March 2018, 02:55 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

I wonder how Iíll go when I ship mine next week? Iím hoping that it being packed with 17 other boxes might hide it a bit and mine always come through Melbourne. Hopefully they arenít as wary as their Sydney counterparts. My 1st one shipped no problem from ny, so I wonder why they are suddenly picking up on it.
Old 14th March 2018, 10:34 AM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
I wonder how Iíll go when I ship mine next week? Iím hoping that it being packed with 17 other boxes might hide it a bit and mine always come through Melbourne. Hopefully they arenít as wary as their Sydney counterparts. My 1st one shipped no problem from ny, so I wonder why they are suddenly picking up on it.
bigger the items or if you used EMS the higher chances it gets inspected. Mind you, sometimes they dont even make a deal out of it. Is a lucky draw.
If you applied a permit, is actually all good in most cases.
Old 14th March 2018, 12:53 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

That sucks Ken, I was wondering why these weren't getting picked up by customs like MP-05.

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)