Page 93 of 152 FirstFirst ... 73838889909192939495969798103113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Nice score man.

7 in a row for the Tigers!!!!!
    Benji at #7 is working, but to me Ryan and Woods have been the main factors to the Tigers great run.

Still trying to undo all of Brian Smith's magical work at Newcastle. They were pathetic again tonight. We had a decent #7 coming along in Walsh but Smith didn't like him. Didn't like our forwards either, but bought players like Naquaima up to take outside back spots that local juniors should have filled.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Benji at #7 is working, but to me Ryan and Woods have been the main factors to the Tigers great run.

Still trying to undo all of Brian Smith's magical work at Newcastle. They were pathetic again tonight. We had a decent #7 coming along in Walsh but Smith didn't like him. Didn't like our forwards either, but bought players like Naquaima up to take outside back spots that local juniors should have filled.
    I'm surprised that Benji at 7 is working so well. It has shown how much he has matured as a footballer. We have a good prospect in young Sironen too. I don't know what the Tigers are going to do with Moltzen next year as I think Tedesco is going to be a keeper.

Wayne Bennett certainly has his work cut out for him.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

i think newcastles recruitment was poor, snowden and boyd are both under performing...(although snowden was showing signs of this at cronulla towards te end of his run i put it down to him wanting to move on/ no motivation. he is a shadow to what he was) cuthbertson tahu all wasted.......

but then bennet was never going to work miracles in the firsst season ...next year there will be a different team.

and tigers.. i really thought that match was boring.. an arm wrestle yes but boring.. this is what disapoints me the most abot SOO.. you have games that could be great games but when the players are taken out it takes a shine out of it.. i would of loved to see Farrah V Smith at club level....

even todays game Sharks v Titans.. would of been a great match with both teams at full strength.. the titans on a roll and a good quality roll.. and the sharks hoping to bounce back.. now there are six players missing from the game.....hakf a team of talent.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Anyone watching the Euro 2012 tournament?
    Mostly predictable results but good to see Denmark upset the Dutch.
    I'm looking forward to see how reigning champs Spain and underachievers England fare in their games....

QLD are lucky to be up at halftime, but NSW are dolts.

Why go for 2 points when you have a man advantage? You lose 60-90 precious seconds. I agree Cronk should have been sent, but Gallen should be sent the very next time he berates a referee like he did, that was disgusting and is yet another display of his actual character.

Must say I am not liking all the head shoving into the ground. Tamou is lucky that Farah reefed him off a number of players before he got penalised. Also not liking the swinging leg trips on standing players. Not in the spirit of the game.

As I've written this NSW have scored while a player up, so they didnt waste the man advantage, Lewis covered Stewart perfectly, Stewart has lost so much speed that he would have been caught without the assistance.

-post match-
    Better team won, if Jennings had not luckily knocked the ball out of Tate's hands it would've been a different story, and they would have been the better team and lost two in a row!

Can't believe that Bird got man of the match, when Farah was by far the best on field, and further proved how wrong Stuart was. All Bird did all night was lay over the play the ball after being the third man in and try to start fights.
    Carney was poor again, but at least Pearce got a couple of half decent kicks off, but the two number 9's were the best kickers tonight.
    Lewis was awesome off the bench, but Merrin was barely used!
    Brett Stewart did not have a good game, and as I mentioned before, he has lost his speed, and his butterfingers and general inability to stay on his feet under pressure cannot have helped his cause. Stuart probably won't want to alter his squad bar injury, but surely bringing in Morris or even Minichello (or Meritt, and put Hayne to fullback) would have to be an option?

As for Queensland, Thiaday wouldn't have made any difference, Petero may have played his last game, he needs too long a run up to be effective, and Boyd needs to be dropped for Barba. QLD lacked some punch in the first half, but came back strong in the second, they were missing that spark to punch through the NSW line. Game 3 infront of 50,000 Queenslanders should make for some interesting viewing.

Should be interesting to see how the players play this weekend up with so many injuries, you could tell that Slater was not 100%, neither was Watmough or Gallen by match end. I'd like to know how Parker got that gash, my first thought was that he'd snapped his bone out of the skin
    Last edited by i_amtrunks; 13th June 2012 at 09:57 PM.

As for Queensland, Thiaday wouldn't have made any difference, Petero may have played his last game, he needs too long a run up to be effective, and Boyd needs to be dropped for Barba. QLD lacked some punch in the first half, but came back strong in the second, they were missing that spark to punch through the NSW line. Game 3 infront of 50,000 Queenslanders should make for some interesting viewing.

Should be interesting to see how the players play this weekend up with so many injuries, you could tell that Slater was not 100%, neither was Watmough or Gallen by match end. I'd like to know how Parker got that gash, my first thought was that he'd snapped his bone out of the skin
    Well Slater is now out for a month so most likely Barba will get a run

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    Well Slater is now out for a month so most likely Barba will get a run
    That long? He played well for a guy on one leg. Especially under those high balls.

Tonga is a favoured son, so Barba might not just walk into the side. I think they might put Inglis to fullback and Tate to Centre, Tonga/barba to the wing.

That long? He played well for a guy on one leg. Especially under those high balls.

Tonga is a favoured son, so Barba might not just walk into the side. I think they might put Inglis to fullback and Tate to Centre, Tonga/barba to the wing.
    Now they are saying Slater is out for up to 8 weeks, also Tonga is out injured (and well he was playing shit before that) So I think Barba may get a look in, though Bowen is always an option as well

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    Now they are saying Slater is out for up to 8 weeks, also Tonga is out injured (and well he was playing shit before that) So I think Barba may get a look in, though Bowen is always an option as well
    Bowen is playing like a 21 year old again, and deserves a go, but he is small... Also hearing Inglis to Fullback and possibly Neilsen in at centre/wing with Tate.

Bowen is playing like a 21 year old again, and deserves a go, but he is small... Also hearing Inglis to Fullback and possibly Neilsen in at centre/wing with Tate.
    Yeah that is an option too, though I think they would be smart to play barba on the bench or something, though if NSW kicks (in general play) the same way they did wednesday then they will loose, the 3 main QLD kickers kick so well