Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: March Masterpieces

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Getting into the Takara Animated toys mate, niiiiiice!!
    Well, 2 anyway - Oilslick & Shockwave were more of a case of affordability and availability rather than specificity; but I'm extremely impressed with both figures/characters as they're rather cool indeed and the metallic paint isn't as distracting as it is with other Takara Animated figures, from what I've seen anyway.

Very impressive photography Hursti, crystal clear and I love the poses you've got happening there! You even made boring old Hasbro grey Soundwave look sweet, haha. Who's your favourite out of the Animated ones you got?
    Thanks for the compliments dude, the photos are improving but there is still little things that standout to me that are rather annoying; This stems from my being a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my own creativity, phantom red hued light sources that don't physically exist but are present in the pics for some inexplicable reason are chief among my peeves of that shoot.

Favourite Animated figure thus far?...
    Well, currently I own:
    • Waspinator
    • Blackarachnia
    • Soundwave
    • Oilslick
    • Lockdown
    • Blitzwing
    • Skywarp
    • Shockwave

...And I'd have to say that my favourite would have to be Blitzwing, just because I love the character's treatment in TF:A and his figure is just awesome for a modern yet stylised Triple-Changer; Lockdown would have to come in second, followed closely by Soundwave.

@Gamblor: Many thanks for the compliments mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Well, 2 anyway - Oilslick & Shockwave were more of a case of affordability and availability rather than specificity; but I'm extremely impressed with both figures/characters as they're rather cool indeed and the metallic paint isn't as distracting as it is with other Takara Animated figures, from what I've seen anyway.
    Yeah I reckon the metallic paint looks pretty stunning on those two. Takara Ratchet is another one that really pops with the shinier paint! They might not be as cartoon accurate as the Hasbro ones but they're very pretty none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Favourite Animated figure thus far?...
    Well, currently I own:
    • Waspinator
    • Blackarachnia
    • Soundwave
    • Oilslick
    • Lockdown
    • Blitzwing
    • Skywarp
    • Shockwave

...And I'd have to say that my favourite would have to be Blitzwing, just because I love the character's treatment in TF:A and his figure is just awesome for a modern yet stylised Triple-Changer; Lockdown would have to come in second, followed closely by Soundwave.
    Nice choices indeed! I like how Blitzwing's tank mode looks like something outta Metal Slug, and like you say he's just a great triple-changer with loads of play value for the small fries. He and Lugnut are quite the team.

I'll keep the Animated theme going with today's purchase - I think I got quite lucky with this one as I found it in the first game shop I checked, and they only had about 20-30 DS games in total. Aaand here it is folks:

Hope it's good!

Picked up some TFs from the Cybertroncon today in Singapore.

Bought TFP Arcee and ehobby cassettes (Ravage and Laserbeak molds). I think I bought something else but I cant remember what it was. There were alot of Beast Wars stuff for sale plus Henkei, MP items, Hasbro reissue and some Takara FE stuff but the FE stuff was waaaaay overpriced now.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Generations Kup. Wooohoooo!! Anyone else got one yet?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Added TF:Prime Wheeljack to my collection thanks to Jinto, because I was too impatient to wait for my wave 1/2 order from BBTS to come.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Picked up some TFs from the Cybertroncon today in Singapore.

Bought TFP Arcee and ehobby cassettes (Ravage and Laserbeak molds). I think I bought something else but I cant remember what it was. There were alot of Beast Wars stuff for sale plus Henkei, MP items, Hasbro reissue and some Takara FE stuff but the FE stuff was waaaaay overpriced now.
    Damn, if I'd known you were going to find a PRiDE Arcee I would have asked you to nab one for me...the Takara version just doesn't appeal so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Yeah I reckon the metallic paint looks pretty stunning on those two. Takara Ratchet is another one that really pops with the shinier paint! They might not be as cartoon accurate as the Hasbro ones but they're very pretty none the less.
    Indeed, reviews I've seen of Starscream and others have shown that whilst the Takara Metallic paint looks brilliant, it can also break the unification of colours on the figure so yeah; depending on price and whether the figure looks good, I might actually get 1 or 2 more of them.

Nice choices indeed! I like how Blitzwing's tank mode looks like something outta Metal Slug, and like you say he's just a great triple-changer with loads of play value for the small fries. He and Lugnut are quite the team.
    I hope to try and acquire Lugnut, Starscream & Ldr Megs this week; I don't think I'll be getting any of the Autobots as it's the Decepticons that were/are the major thing that appeals to me with Animated, so Sunstorm and Blackout might be in my sights down the line.

I'll keep the Animated theme going with today's purchase - I think I got quite lucky with this one as I found it in the first game shop I checked, and they only had about 20-30 DS games in total. Aaand here it is folks:

*snip*

Hope it's good!
    Hehe, I've played that game; it's not too bad but it's nothing terribly great either ; It aims itself at a specific audience and I think it certainly achieves what it set out to do in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    There were alot of Beast Wars stuff for sale plus Henkei, MP items, Hasbro reissue and some Takara FE stuff but the FE stuff was waaaaay overpriced now.
    Aww...

Was there a lot of the Japanese stuff Valkyrie?
    (That's my current focus but I keep deviating from it... )

Those are some very nice shots Hursty!!

My little haul bought days ago but was kinda busy to be online here

legends - Ratchet, Bumblebee and Cliffjumper
    darn vehicons are being scalped I guess - so much for my armybuilding scheme

also got these two figures cheap for a little project Id like to call - Project Minerva-Shuta

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

^^^ whats the plan with them leige?. Did you buy those in a 3 pack or separate. How's the quality on them. I've heard they're not bad.
    Might be a good substitute until real ones rear their head.......masters

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    darn vehicons are being scalped I guess - so much for my armybuilding scheme
    Don't stress dude, it's early days. They'll be shelf-warming before you know it I did see one at Rouse Hill on Saturday. They have a display at the front of the store.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]