Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182333 ... LastLast

Thread: US & JP Masterpiece speculations, rumours & wish-lists

Ginrai's not Optimus Prime, so I'd rather have a new mould.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Ginrai's not Optimus Prime, so I'd rather have a new mould.
    Well no, technically he's an engine block - But the Transtector he combines with sure does look like Prime/Convoy.

Trannis!

There aren't too many truly obscure Transformers from the G1 cartoon -- almost all of them appear in more than one medium. The only ones I can think of would be the Giant Decepticon Warrior and Warrior (who, despite appearances, is not part of Reflector; or at least not Spyglass, Spectro or Viewfinder).
    lol I'd never even heard of Giant Decepticon Soldier until then. They put a lot of thought into his name.

Trannis!

There aren't too many truly obscure Transformers from the G1 cartoon -- almost all of them appear in more than one medium. The only ones I can think of would be the Giant Decepticon Warrior and Warrior (who, despite appearances, is not part of Reflector; or at least not Spyglass, Spectro or Viewfinder).
    Heh - I remember that commercial with the big leg that looked like it was made out of cardboard I suppose if we put in Con's that were in Hasbro ad's you could chuck in the Powermasters, Seacons, Pretenders etc

Who the hell is Trannis?

Maybe the most obscure Con from the Hasbro cartoon is actually Flywheels - he was in the opening credits for season four but was never actually in an episode, or get any dialogue like the Reflector wannabe Of course there are also Acid Rain's mates who only had that appearance as well.

Powermasters, Seacons, Pretenders and Flywheels aren't obscure, since they exist in more than one medium.

Trannis was the young Decepticon warlord who took over after Megatron left Cybertron to chase the Ark. The Autobot Council, which had previously subjugated command to a now MIA Optimus Prime, resumed control -- effectively allowing for Trannis to conquer Iacon where he had the members of the Council executed, except for Councillor Xaaron who fled before the fall of Iacon. With the Council dissolved, Xaaron assumed a new title of Emirate, and founded the underground Autobot resistance including their special ops unit, the Wreckers. The Wreckers assassinated Trannis, who was then succeeded by Straxus.

I would've nominated Straxus, but he's technically no longer obscure since Hasbro made a Generations toy of him (Darkmount); and surprising even TakaraTOMY released their version (United Straxus) despite this character not appearing at all in Japanese continuity!

I'd also like to nominate Fang... he could come with a small PVC figurine of the Piano Transformer (Pianor?) that he beats the tar out of at Maccadam's.

Powermasters, Seacons, Pretenders and Flywheels aren't obscure, since they exist in more than one medium.

Trannis was the young Decepticon warlord who took over after Megatron left Cybertron to chase the Ark. The Autobot Council, which had previously subjugated command to a now MIA Optimus Prime, resumed control -- effectively allowing for Trannis to conquer Iacon where he had the members of the Council executed, except for Councillor Xaaron who fled before the fall of Iacon. With the Council dissolved, Xaaron assumed a new title of Emirate, and founded the underground Autobot resistance including their special ops unit, the Wreckers. The Wreckers assassinated Trannis, who was then succeeded by Straxus.

I would've nominated Straxus, but he's technically no longer obscure since Hasbro made a Generations toy of him (Darkmount); and surprising even TakaraTOMY released their version (United Straxus) despite this character not appearing at all in Japanese continuity!

I'd also like to nominate Fang... he could come with a small PVC figurine of the Piano Transformer (Pianor?) that he beats the tar out of at Maccadam's.

Ah, I see the confusion. I thought we were still talking about obscure G1 Decepticons where their obscurity was determined in regards to the number of their appearances in the G1 American Cartoon (see below).

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The MP line is very G1 cartoon oriented so don't expect characters that have not appeared in it.

Star Saber is more of an oddity than anything and only chosen due to fan vote. After that, they are likely to go back to cartoon only characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I suppose the other really obscure G1 Hasbro Cartoon Decepticon Characters would be Wingspan & Pounce as I think they were only in one episode as well. Scorponok was in two though he only appeared briefly at the end of one of those.

If we are talking obscurity are there any other Decepticon Characters that were in two episodes or less? So far we have:

Overkill
    Slugfest
    Runamuck
    Runabout
    Pounce
    Wingpan
    Scorponok
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Counterpunch and Sixshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

Maybe the most obscure Con from the Hasbro cartoon is actually Flywheels - he was in the opening credits for season four but was never actually in an episode, or get any dialogue like the Reflector wannabe Of course there are also Acid Rain's mates who only had that appearance as well.

I might have to look up this Trannis fellow though - the character sounds quite interesting It would be quite a coup to get a MP of a character that had only ever appeared in comics!

HasTak gave us MP Grimlock w/ the Marvel Comic "King Grimlock" crown, so who knows... perhaps a comic exclusive MP toy might happen. Okay, pretty damn unlikely. We're more likely to get an obscure character from the G1 cartoon, which really limits the choices if we're looking at truly obscure G1 toon 'Cons. Warrior is doable... if they ever did an MP Reflector, they could take one of the robots and redeco it and sell it individually. AFAIK Giant Decepticon Soldier never appeared in the Japanese toy ads, which would arguably make it less viable than other already-not-terribly-viable ideas for Obscure Toon Deceps. Sinnertwin's suggestion of Death Cobra might work. It's a properly obscure Decepticon from the G1 Japanese anime series. Only ever appeared in one episode where he was killed by Hellbat. Perhaps if they ever made an MP Lio Kaiser they could produce an MP Death Cobra as part of a limited gift set. Problem is that you can't really retool any of the existing Breast Forcers into Death Cobra he was the only Decepticon Breast Force member who was an Apache helicopter (whereas Gaihawk, Hellbat and Leozak are jets, and of course the others are all non-fliers).

What about MP Super Megatron and Ultra Megatron? They exist in the Japanese cartoon continuity, even though didn't appear in the cartoon themselves. Although of course, Megatron himself is far from being an obscure character, but those versions of him are obscure.

Default What do you think will be in next years hasbro masterpiece line?

Exactly what the title says, what do you think will be in next years hasbro MP lineup?

Last year, acid storm and soundwave were released and this year prowl, sun storm and grimlock.

I think that it could keep a trend of releasing a large MP (like grimlock, soundwave, optimus, Magnus or rodimus) a seeker and a small MP (Datsun cars, sideswipe, bee and wheeljack) each year.

Personally I think optimus, any seeker at this point and sideswipe are likely to be released later next year.

If Hasbro beats TT to MP-11 Skywarp as well, I will be slightly miffed. Show some Deceptilove guys!

I don't know if they'll continue with the Datsuns. Prowl definitely has the most fame and is looking to be a shelf warmer for Hasbro. Perhaps everyone who cared already went TT.

There's been talk about Sideswipe for quite a while. Given his appealing alt mode I'm guessing it's just a matter of sorting out licensing. Would be surprised not to see him next year.

Bumblebee and Magnus are a given eventually, I think.

So for next year I'll go out on a limb and say... Ice Storm and Sideswipe, with either Ultra Magnus or Bumblebee thrown in the mix.

Or hell, Magnus/Bee two pack?

Skywarp. Instabuy for me. I wouldn't mind them throwing Rodimus Prime (with the trailer, AS Rodimus Prime) at us again with some fixes. Sideswipe, Bumbleebee. Wouldn't mind the latter with a more greeny yellow like his cartoon appearance.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust