Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TF4 & TF5 to be filmed at the same time?

Unfortunately it will never happen as BB sells apparently (tell that to Sydney toy stores!!!) but I would enjoy 4 & 5 so much more without him. Bring on Grimlock, Trypticon, Unicron, Galvy etc

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Best known movie franchises that have had two movies filmed at the same time are Back to the Future (2&3) and Matrix (2&3). A good idea?
    What do you think?
    Lord of the rings was shot at the same time, I thknk 2, 3were if not 1 as well too. It has merit if they can pull it together. However the changing of director for #5 would probably be a bit of a shock, but as long as it's not someone crap, then I am fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Bring on Grimlock, Trypticon, Unicron, Galvy etc
    I could skip on Unicron, I would hate to see him ruined.

Oops, too late, thanks Prime...

But a Grimlock hit in TF4 with Ultra Magnus who brings in some reinforcements with hints towards Trypticon and Metroplex and then a massive city battle between the two in TF5! Oh YEAH!

Mostly I'd like to see a different aesthetic for the Transformers too.

I do hope this does mean that they're finally going to try to give the films a decent story then.

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    I hope this too. Well, mainly that BB dies and with no dignity mind you!
    He gets accidentally stepped on by Defensor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Lord of the rings was shot at the same time, I thknk 2, 3were if not 1 as well too. It has merit if they can pull it together. However the changing of director for #5 would probably be a bit of a shock, but as long as it's not someone crap, then I am fine.
    Bay can produce good films IMO -- I personally quite enjoyed Bad Boys. And also... umm... okay, that was it... but the potential is there, damnit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I could skip on Unicron, I would hate to see him ruined.

Oops, too late, thanks Prime...
    I think PRIME did a good job of him, considering you only get to see the inside of him.

I too hope that there will be some better story lines in the next 2 movies, with the inclusion of characters like Ultra Magnus, Grimlock and Trypticon. I'd also like to see the story split over the two movies, Kill Bill style, with a semi major battle at the end of one (Autobots rescue Spike (call a spade a spade!) and a smaller Autobot from Trypticon in a skirmish led by Kup). The second movie could then focus on defeating Unicron with a plausible yet uneasy truce between Autobots and Decepticons.

And while I don't think you could kill off 'Bee, you could send him on a vital mission to the opposite end of the galaxy at the beginning of the first movie and have him return only in time for the final climactic battle at the end of the second movie. This limits him to only a few scenes on a space ship (millenium Falcon style) and maybe a space dogfight. This would give Hasbro the character development they're after as 'Bee contemplates his seclusion to deep space while the replacement characters on Earth get some solid screen time!

Sorry if I got a bit off topic, but I'd pay to see two movies along these lines and though I realize I may be a minority planet wide, I think Bay would probably be the best choice to successfully do this kind of plot line as a pair of live action movies.

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    I think PRIME did a good job of him, considering you only get to see the inside of him.
    Technically we see the outside of Unicron in every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Sorry if I got a bit off topic, but I'd pay to see two movies along these lines and though I realize I may be a minority planet wide, I think Bay would probably be the best choice to successfully do this kind of plot line as a pair of live action movies.
    I'd personally love to see Christopher Nolan take the helm. If he could do to Transformers what he did to Batman, I'd be one ecstatically happy chappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Great. Another Bay bash thread. Give the guy a break
    I'll give him a break on Transformers 5 if Transformers 4 is actually a good film.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I'll give him a break on Transformers 5 if Transformers 4 is actually a good film.
    Agreed

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    What's the chances of him doing an alternate ending to DOTM where everything happens exactly as it originally did but with one small change that would make TF4&5 so much better and toy sales would go up for them too. Okay so what's the little change? Well how about Soundwave shoots Bumblebee first and Que/Wheeljack survives. I'd watch that, over and over and over. Imagine the new direction TF4 could go in WITH NO BUMBLEBEE!
    I can think of some other eensy weensy changes as well that I'd like to see...