Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: SDCC 2018 - Siege: War for Cybertron Toy Reveals

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Some of the Siege toys were on display at the latest Japanese Wonderfest Convention, and these ones appeared to be production figures, as they weren't painted prototypes.... showing us what the colours should be like on the released toys.
    We also get to see some packaging examples as well.

And going back to the posting above about the SDCC poster with a hidden message - it looks like there were four posters given out by Hasbro at the event for WFC, and each one looks to have had a different hidden message, as a second poster has been found and it's hidden message decoded - Autobots the hour is upon us.
    Hopefully the other posters show up (like on ebay), and someone is able to decode the entire message... to see if it does indeed give us info about the new series.
    Just had a look at all nof this and it looks like there's more to like than the Ultra Magnus.
    1. This new Hound is an update of the highly popular Universe Hound with a Ravage included!
    2. Sideswipe in an armed-to-the-teeth combiner mode means he's not so ho hum (Sideswipe has been done to death over the years).

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    1. This new Hound is an update of the highly popular Universe Hound with a Ravage included!
    This is of interest, if true.

That era of CHUG was arguably the high watermark of mold design and detail and I'd love to see it revisted, even if it is previous engineering being tweaked.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Some of the Siege toys were on display at the latest Japanese Wonderfest Convention, and these ones appeared to be production figures, as they weren't painted prototypes.... showing us what the colours should be like on the released toys.
    We also get to see some packaging examples as well.
    The packaging for the deluxes look... expensive

A definite sign I'm going to have to cherry pick my favorites and buy just those guys (and/or gals) than try to hunt down the whole line.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post

A definite sign I'm going to have to cherry pick my favorites and buy just those guys (and/or gals) than try to hunt down the whole line.
    The RRP for the deluxes is $20 USD so yeah these'll be pricey here.

Does anyone remember what they said about using the new Ultra Magnus for retools/repaints at SDCC? I seem to recall them saying it would be a very small number. I don't need a new Ultra Magnus but I think I'd love a Thunderclash or even Delta Magnus from the mould.

bowspearer Guest

The one WFC figure which is a let down for me sadly, is Lionizer. It's great they're going with obscure characters like Action Master partners, but this largely feels like an "in name only" homage to the character. Not only is the colour scheme wrong, but going from changing into a mortar cannon to a regular sword, is a massive step-down in firepower. It's a shame, because with every single other character in the line so far, they've pretty much nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    I find the cardboard on the boxes and trays to be quite thin and flimsy. The figures feel more solid but the boxes feel lighter. Possibly to offset the cost of using more plastic as the Siege toys are less reliant on hollow parts.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I find the cardboard on the boxes and trays to be quite thin and flimsy. The figures feel more solid but the boxes feel lighter. Possibly to offset the cost of using more plastic as the Siege toys are less reliant on hollow parts.
    A cost-cutting measure I'm totally fine with if it means better toys (and it certainly does)! The packaging does LOOK nice though.

And under blacklight, reveal secret messages.

bowspearer Guest

One thing which is disappointing is the cab for Ultra Magnus - in fact the entire figure falls short of what we're getting with VOY Prime. The cab for UM is not only a completely different cab mould to VOY Prime, but design-wise, it's like a stripped down version of the Classics Ultra Magnus mode and thanks to the massive arm kibble in cab mode, suffers from the same problem Robots in Disguise Ultra Magnus did with the cab - namely that it doesn't properly work in vehicle mode due to the kibble. Worse still, with the trailer serving as storage for armour parts, it cannot hold Autobot cars easily or instinctively.

I have to say, looking at video reviews, that the Leader Class Figures seem less engineered than Voyager class figures (the design gap reminds me of the difference between a MG kit and a 1/100 kit for those familiar with GUNPLA). While I love what they've done so far with most of the Weaponisers (Lioniser should have been Orange and turned into a gun dammit), Micromasters, Deluxes and Voyagers from what I've seen on video reviews, the Leader Class stuff really does seem like the ball was dropped on it in terms of engineering.